13 with Tinnitus...

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Average_Kid22, Aug 1, 2015.

1. Average_Kid22

Average_Kid22 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      5/2015
      I am 13 years of age and the sound has been with me for as long as I can remember but extremely quite and un noticeable. But recently I have started to have anxiety and panic attacks and now it is extremely loud and unbearable.. Please help with solutions.. And tips.. Doctor says its just from the anxiety and gave me Xanax. said live with it. But I can't...

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. Danny Boy
      Cheerful

Danny Boy Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      Wow! Xanax? At 13!? Anyway, try this website http://www.generalfuzz.net/acrn/ should help with masking.

Is there anything in particular you would like to know?

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      Hi, @Average_Kid22,

I'm so sorry you've had an escalation in your previously mild tinnitus. Yes, it truly could be due to the anxiety and panic attacks you've been having lately. If you can find ways to calm down, your tinnitus may subside in time, and go back to a more bearable level.

Is there something specific that has caused your anxiety and panic? I know what panic attacks are like; I've had them, too. You can actually get into a vicious cycle with them, so that something really small triggers an attack, and it keeps happening over and over again. Finding a way to gain control of those attacks would be the first step in getting back to a more normal pattern. There are other things you can try to calm down at the beginning of an attack; one doctor suggested that I try breathing into a paper bag to calm my breathing! And you know what? It actually works! Other things you can do to get some calm back into your life would be meditation and/or yoga. There are some natural supplements you can try that are calming, too. One that I used when my tinnitus first began was holy basil. It helped me get through a rough period. Then, later, I switched to pharmaGABA, which is also calming. And I am still taking magnesium chloride (in tablet form), two tablets about an hour before bedtime. Those have helped me with calming and with sleep. There is also a spray-on form of magnesium. You can spray a small amount of it in certain pressure point areas of your body (such as behind the knees) for calming, and it is said to be quickly absorbed by the body.

I'm sure other people on this forum will have additional suggestions for you. But the main thing is, stay calm, keep active, try to find other ways to occupy your mind, and things will slowly begin to improve for you.

Best wishes and hugs,
      Karen

• Hug Hug x 1
    4. Danny Boy
      Cheerful

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      I love holy basil! I have some powder...It really does calm you down.

5. Karen
      Talkative

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Yes, it really did work for me at the beginning of my tinnitus. I was really distraught back then, and I don't think I could have gotten through that period without it. Highly recommended!

6. Danny Boy
      Cheerful

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      I have the tea and powder. I have three tulsi really nice tea! http://www.pukkaherbs.com/pukka-products/pukka-teas/three-tulsi-new/

• Like Like x 1
      • Creative Creative x 1
    7. Danny Boy
      Cheerful

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      It is worrying they've put him on an addictive drug though!? He should ask for the XR version as the normal stuff is addictive due to short half-life

8. Karen
      Talkative

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Danny Boy,
      A question: We're recommending these things to Average Kid, but I don't know if they interact with Xanax. Would he need to stop taking Xanax in order to use some of these calming supplements?

9. Danny Boy
      Cheerful

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection

• Medications that slow blood clotting (Anticoagulant / Antiplatelet drugs) interacts with HOLY BASIL
        Holy basil might slow blood clotting. Taking holy basil along with medications that also slow clotting might increase the chances of bruising and bleeding. But there isn't enough information to know if this is a big concern.

Some medications that slow blood clotting include include aspirin, clopidogrel (Plavix), dalteparin (Fragmin), enoxaparin (Lovenox), heparin, ticlopidine (Ticlid), warfarin (Coumadin), and others.

• Pentobarbital interacts with HOLY BASIL
        Pentobarbital causes drowsiness. There is some concern that taking holy basil seed oil with pentobarbital might cause too much drowsiness. But there isn't enough information to know if this is a big concern.

• Like Like x 1
    10. @Danny Boy, if there will be a voting for the member of the year, you will have my vote for sure.
      You are like a reliable auto reply in here, more pharmaceptical knowledge than most doctors.

Keep it up Dr Keppra(y)

• Funny Funny x 2
    11. Danny Boy
      Cheerful

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      Dr. Keppra ahahahha nice. And thanks, I just enjoying helping people. Don't know about member of the year though.

12. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Average_Kid22

Average_Kid22 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      5/2015
      They used to have me on Ativan..

13. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Average_Kid22

Average_Kid22 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      5/2015
      I feel like this noise is really over taking my life and daily activities. And reading stuff on this website it's really scaring me that it could last forever..

14. Danny Boy
      Cheerful

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      It won't last forever as there will be drug treatments out within a few years. Don't worry about the future, worry about now and how you will manage for now.

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    15. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Average_Kid22

Average_Kid22 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      5/2015
      The fact that it is new is the worst part. And it gives me headaches and I can't sleep. I do not know how to deal with it. Or if I can..

16. Danny Boy
      Cheerful

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      I suggest drinking plenty of water and try turmeric for headaches. As for sleep try masking with fans, water, birds songs and other things until you find something suitable for yourself. Good luck and I'm sorry you got this affliction so young.

• Like Like x 1
    17. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Average_Kid22

Average_Kid22 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      5/2015
      Yeah. The scariest part of it all. Is that it happens usually to older people when going deaf. And some times I'll be sitting there and it seems as if someone switches something on in my head and it gets EXTREMELY loud and painful. I don't know why.. But it stops after a little while

18. geg1992
      English

geg1992 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/12/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure + Antibiotics
      That's fleeting tinnitus, almost everyone seems to experience this in the early stages. Does it go away usually within 60 seconds or so?

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    19. Karen
      Talkative

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Yes, most of us have had fleeting tinnitus, especially right at first. After awhile, this will probably settle down. The headaches will probably get better, too.

My tinnitus was roaring five years ago, and was up and down. Now, it is a steady hissing tone that doesn't waiver.

• Like Like x 2
    20. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Average_Kid22

Average_Kid22 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      5/2015
      I still have a low hissing that is constant and quiet until I lay my head down then it gets loud. But at random points it comes and gets loud and yes disappears in about 60 minutes.. But it gets to the point where I start to cry. The first time I went to the doctors they prescribed augmenten for ear infection which seemed to help. But once I stopped taking those it came back. This is all new and just very scary to me.. I hope I get through this

• Hug Hug x 2
    21. Karen
      Talkative

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I know how scary it can be. But you WILL get through it, and you'll be all right. Tinnitus is at its very worst right at the beginning, or, in your case, at the beginning of a new level of tinnitus. Please try to give it some time and see if it doesn't settle down a bit after awhile.

We're here for you, and will help you through this rough period.

• Hug Hug x 1
    22. Danny Boy
      Cheerful

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      Yep. We're all here for you in your time of need.

• Hug Hug x 1
    23. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Average_Kid22

Average_Kid22 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      5/2015
      Just feels like I'm going crazy.. It's really overwhelming. This is new and so is my anxiety

24. vasil

vasil Member

Tinnitus Since:
      July 2014
      Distract yourself. Talk with your parents, with your friends, just dont think about it. I know that its a dumb advice, but my loudest tinnitus is when i think about it. If you search something you will find it and this applies for tinnitus. Just dont distract yourself with something loud.

25. Danny Boy
      Cheerful

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      Try listening to this, as it can calm you down and help lower your tinnitus-

Mozart - Sonata for Two Pianos in D, K. 448...

26. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Average_Kid22

Average_Kid22 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      5/2015
      This is like I'm taking care of a child.. a whole new responsibility.. I don't know what I did to deserve this :-(

• Hug Hug x 1
    27. Danny Boy
      Cheerful

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      It's not your fault...Don't dwell on why's and if's. Just focus on the ideas we have made for you and put them into action.

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    28. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:

You're very young and you have your whole life in front of you. Please, please, be careful with psychoactive drugs. I was on all kinds of medication including Xanax when I was your age, and I believe that I was harmed by it. If I could go back, I would not take any of the psychiatric drugs I was prescribed between the ages of 12 and 24.

Do not necessarily trust doctors who hand you drugs, they may not actually have any idea what they are talking about.