13-Year-Old — Tinnitus Slowly Going Away — Guide for Newcomers

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by LaLlorona, Apr 14, 2016.

1. LaLlorona

LaLlorona Member

Tinnitus Since:
      16/01/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Conductive Hearing Loss
      Hi guys, I'm 13 years old and relatively new to this thread, even though I've been monitoring tinnitus talk for a few months now, here is my story about me coping my Tinnitus.

On the 16th of January, 12:30 pm, I started to binge watch on my iPad. Netflix movies was usually the get-go, but it was at night-time and I didn't want to disturb anyone, so I grabbed my earphones and put them up on half-way (8 bars on iPad / iPhone) I listened through my ear phones for over 5 hours. When I went to sleep, I noticed this sort of whooshing in my right ear, I thought it would go away on it's own so I just went to sleep. The next night, when I was about to go to sleep, I heard the same whooshing sound in the same ear. I didn't know what was happening so I searched up "ringing in the ears" The pessimism in every tinnitus article that I read made me very sad, to the point where I shed a tear in my eye.

A few weeks onward, I decided to go to the General Practitioner near my area. We had a very long conversation about Tinnitus, and in specific words, she said to me
      "It will definitely go away, just give it time and it will heal on its own"

This line, gave me hope, it gave me strength to keep on going with life and to remember that I can't let this stupid noise get into my life. Two months in from now, and I'm feeling just fine, I can still hear this ringing sound in my left, right ear (it changes some times) but only in very quiet rooms.

What I'm trying to say is that as a 13 year old boy, I thought this ringing in my ears would kill me, I thought of so many negative thoughts and had a pessimistic attitude towards Tinnitus. But do you know what made me change this attitude? My kinship group. From families, to friends, or even teachers, everyone in my life made me feel like they cared about me and made me so happy. They didn't make feel depressed because they didn't hear this sound, but they made me happy. They made me so happy that they made me change my pessimistic attitude and make me overcome this problem.

I can barely hear the ringing sound in my ear, it's only when I really want to focus on it. Habituation does work, Habituation may even make this ringing sound go away. Most cases of Tinnitus seem to go away, because people just simply don't care for this Ringing sound. They say "No, I'm not going to let this ringing sound destroy my connections with everyone, make me depressed and make me kill myself"

Tip: Search for Success stories but don't over search so much!
      When you over search, you'll probably land yourself on a pessimistic thread.

In conclusion, just move on with your life, if you can hear the ringing sound, play some music that you like to cool you down on a relaxed night. Relax, don't be frightened, if you let tinnitus come in, it WILL eventually go away!

• Like Like x 4
      • Hug Hug x 4
      • Genius Genius x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    2. Gill Hayes
      Happy

Gill Hayes Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Nov 2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress I think
      You are an inspiration for new sufferers, well done Kyle ! Best wishes. x

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. mandi
      Wishful

mandi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      4/4/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ear infection
      Thanks so much for your inspirational words and wisdom! And coming from a 13-year old makes them even more amazing. All you say is sooo right on! Thanks for reminding us and encouraging us with truth.