14 and Afraid of Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Support' started by Nanoxic, Dec 28, 2015.

1. Nanoxic
      Relaxed

Nanoxic Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bad luck i think. (I don't yet have a diagnose)
      Hi.

I am afraid I have tinnitus. I have a lot of colds, and I've got one now. My hear ringing started around 1 month ago. At first I just ignored it thinking it would disappear. But it didn't. Can't sleep because of it, and I am getting tired. I've been to a doctor, which didn't see anything strange. He is going to send me to an ENT doctor. But that's just on February the 2nd. Way too long for me to wait. I've never listened to super hard music. I am getting crazy, and I can't sleep.

Any hope?

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. LeQuack
      Gloomy

LeQuack Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bad luck and bad genes
      Possibly try to go to a private ENT, one single meeting shouldn't cost too much and there shouldn't be a waiting line.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Nanoxic
      Relaxed

Nanoxic Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bad luck i think. (I don't yet have a diagnose)
      I called my local doctor, and he called the ENT office somehow. I can go there 12th of Jan.

• Like Like x 1
    4. LeQuack
      Gloomy

LeQuack Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bad luck and bad genes
      That's good to know!

5. shazza

shazza Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      firecracker
      Hi, Shazza from New Zealand. I have had tinnitus since I was 14 set off by fireworks being thrown at me. I have got "used" to the noises, but there is no cure and people who are afraid of going deaf, well that might happen. I have a fan on every night in my room as background so the tinnitus is not so obvious and also sleeping pills.

You do get used to it but the answer is to always have background music, tv or likewise. Tinnitus does not lead to deafness but the downside is, if you suffer hearing loss, the tinnitus stays. Now I don't mean to be a downer, but it is bearable guys.

I am now 64 and still coping. Chins up. If any of you want to talk - I am here.

• Like Like x 1