14 and Afraid of Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Support' started by Nanoxic, Dec 28, 2015.

tinnitus forum
    1. Nanoxic
      Relaxed

Nanoxic Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bad luck i think. (I don't yet have a diagnose)
      Hi.
      I am afraid i have T. I have a lot of cold's, and ive got one now. My hear ringing started around 1 month ago. At first i just ignored it thinking it would dissapear. But it didnt. Cant sleep of it, am getting tired. Ive been to a doctor, which didnt see anything strange. He is going to send me to an ENT doctor (Ear nose and throat). But thats just at february the 2nd. Way too long for me to wait. Ive never listened to Super-hard music. I am getting crazy, and i cant sleep.

Any hope?

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. Natalie Roberts
      Depressed

Natalie Roberts Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Pregnancy or mild hearing loss.. Who knows.
      Have you called any other ENT offices? I called around and found someone else who had a cancelation and could get me in right away. The first thing they told me to do was get a hearing test done and referred me out to an audiologist to get one. I also didn't have any signs/symptoms of ear infection or anything else so I believe that's why they sent me out for the hearing test. Honestly, they ENT didn't help me at all and I waited 3 weeks for the appointment.. Did you take any medications prior to this starting? I would say you have a good chance of it resolving on its own but you need to try and get some sleep. Can you go to a family doctor instead of ENT for 2nd opinion and maybe something to help you sleep? You can also try chamomile sleepy time tea to help you get some sleep.

• Like Like x 2
    3. Nanoxic
      Relaxed

Nanoxic Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hey, thanks for your response. I have not tried to call the office, since mine is closed untill Jan 1st. I've had a ear inflammation around 1 month ago too, but it wasn't that bad. I did an ear test, and it had no problems. I can hear everything. I dont have a bad hearing, i only hear a beep. (pfew!) I don't think i have an infection right now. I used to take a bit of asperine, but only 1 or 2 times a month.

When i listen to music via a headphone for a short amount of time (10 minutes) on a low volume, and i put them off, i hear a kind of buzzing noise for a short period of time. (At longest 1 hour.) It worries me.

4. Natalie Roberts
      Depressed

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I'm new to tinnitus (9 weeks) but I would recommend from what I've read here is to stop listening to music through headphones at even a low volume. Most of the population has tinnitus that is fleeting, meaning it goes away after a short time like what you're experiencing. Since yours isnt constant, I would take it as a warning sign that your ears are telling you something isn't right. Stop listening to music through headphones or any other loud music first and foremost. Avoid loud noise situations like concerts, fireworks, loud movies etc or use ear plugs. And follow up with your ENT.

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    5. Nanoxic
      Relaxed

Nanoxic Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thanks for your reply,
      It doesnt come and go, it is there, all the time. Non stop.

I hope that what you said, will cure it.
      Thank you.

6. Natalie Roberts
      Depressed

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Oh I must have misunderstood. Well then, still the same applies. Stop listening to music through headphones, even at a low volume. Make sure you are able to get some sleep its really important in dealing with stress/tinnitus. Try to avoid high sodium and lots of caffeine and try to relax as much as possible. Spend time outdoors. Read the success story posts. You're young so I would think you have a very good chance of your tinnitus improving with time. Try to get in to see another ent sooner if you're able and ask about sterroids. :)

• Hug Hug x 1
    7. LeQuack
      Scared

LeQuack Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bad luck and bad genes
      Possibly try to go to a private ENT, one single meeting shouldn't cost too much and there shouldn't be a waiting line.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    8. Nanoxic
      Relaxed

Nanoxic Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I will do. Thank you!

I called my local doctor, and he called the ENT office somehow. I can go there 12th of Jan.

• Like Like x 1
    9. LeQuack
      Scared

LeQuack Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bad luck and bad genes
      That's good to know!