15-Year-Old with Progressively Worsening Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Ahmed Sadoon, Nov 7, 2017.

1. Ahmed Sadoon

Ahmed Sadoon Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2015 december
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      No idea
      Wassup fellow humans, I'm a 15 years old apache helicopter living in Sweden, Kristianstad (feel free to contact me if you're from there too). I noticed very faint and negligible tinnitus when laying in my parents bed 2 years ago, where it is basically silent. I thought I would die but it didn't have any effect on my life at all. Saw a doctor and specifically said "I just don't want it to worsen". She assured me that over the upcoming 1.5 years my tinnitus gradually without any clear reason became audible over a fairly quite room and I panicked so fucking hard. Nevertheless, now it's louder than a swimming pool loud, and notice I'm only 15. So I have had a progressively worsening tinnitus and I can only imagine how this sound will be in the future. So shit, maybe I just kill myself when it gets too loud who knows.

For the record my ears are phenomenal, I sleep shit, swim 8 times a week and have a bad relationship with anxiety.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    2. vermillion
      Whistles

vermillion Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Fluconazole
      Hello,
      I am deeply sorry that you have to deal with this in such a young age. Despite the fact that i recently realised i'm not in the position of giving advice, i can assure you that there are people here that understand your auditory challenges. Hence you may find useful advice by veteran members. I as well am in similar shoes. Tinnitus progression with no prognosis assurance. It would be useful to provide details regarding your medical history and medical tests. Noise-exposure habits, medication that you may be on etc. Those are things that can affect this condition.
      Welcome to the forum.
      V.

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. threefirefour
      Peeping tom

threefirefour Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      5/15/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      140dB B R U H moment
      Do you listen to music or go to loud places? Chances are that there's a medical reason that is causing this, and once resolved then it will go away/improve.

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Ahmed Sadoon

Ahmed Sadoon Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2015 december
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      No idea
      I first want to thank you alot, you made me feel happier and made me question my ability to write in english.

I don't listen to loud music and protect my ears. I think, I am depressed or at least near it but dont know. Take no meds, trains regularly and yeah nothing more abnormal

thank you again

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Ahmed Sadoon

Ahmed Sadoon Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2015 december
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      No idea
      does listening to low music on headphones worsen it?

6. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Welcome to the forum! It is understandable that your have anxiety about the future when your T is quite bothersome right now. But there is no need to make catastrophic projection about the future. People's perception can change for the better after living with T for some time. What was an impossible hurdle like a new T may become less and less of a concern. Young people adapt much better than older folks. Many young members here got better after the initial struggle and wrote their success stories before the left to pursue their life's dreams and goals. So don't be too pessimistic about the future. Here are some success stories from the young folks. Life goes on for them after T. Take care. God bless.

success story of 17 years old Zach:
      https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/fake-it-until-you-make-it.7590/

success story of Jari with T since 12 years old:
      https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/new.7670/

lana got T at 15 and getting better:
      https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/positivity.13050/

• Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    7. tcsmythe

tcsmythe Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi Ahmed - It sounds like you have self-diagnosed your problem. What have you done to address your sleeping habits, swimming schedule and anxiety? Have your methods worked?

8. threefirefour
      Peeping tom

threefirefour Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      5/15/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      140dB B R U H moment
      It very well can yes.

9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Ahmed Sadoon

Ahmed Sadoon Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2015 december
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      No idea
      well I'm doing my best and have contact with several people

10. Core2Duo

Core2Duo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Do you use earplugs for swimming?

11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Ahmed Sadoon

Ahmed Sadoon Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2015 december
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      No idea
      yeah I do actually all the time

• Like Like x 1
    12. May

May Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      Hi Ahmed,
      I read that you don't sleep much. Maybe you should consider sleeping more so that the ears can heal themselves. Body healing and maintenance happens when sleeping. If you don't sleep well, how is your energy levels and your diet ie whether you're getting enough vitamins and minerals, if not supplements can help.

Good luck.

13. maxweber

maxweber Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Faulty HVAC units releasing chemicals
      Ahmed, by "anxiety" do you mean you have a short fuse, cannot tolerate pressure?
      Also, what other symptoms do you have? E.g. dull headache, occasional vertigo? Or waking up at night and not refreshed after sleep (sorry, did not parse your jargon :)?
      Cheers
      Yes, been there, done that and got more than a dang t-shirt as a souvenir! It takes about 6 months to recoup... don't let any dufus'es fool ya. And that's just to get it down to night-time only bothersome. Your brain can filter the day-time stuff after that period or maybe a year or so.

14. marc 1974 london

marc 1974 london Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise i think ? stress
      Evening, just so you know it may worsen but you may be quite used to the sound by then...I'm 43, i got "T" as an 8 year old kid at the school disco standing next to the speaker all night...had it in both ears since then, but for a great deal of the time i'm not bothered by it, it's been a pain lately but i tackle anxiety & panic first, also the negative thoughts with CBT mainly & mindfulness... I too in the last few months struggled with it so don't beat yourself up it's normal as it's affecting your fight/flight response to stress... This website has some amazingly helpful people & links on it too, helped me loads.
      You need to mask it 1st of a bit to rest up, get your anxiety down. Stress makes it worsen at times..
      Tinnitus masking on youtube will help, probably not something i'd have done at 15 but you need to get your anxiety down be a hippie, chill with some mindfulness meditation... at 15 i used to sleep next to the fridge on the kitchen floor to mask the sound, thankly there's the internet now or i'd be there at 43..
      Honestly your anxiety & stressing comes down you'll cope it will ring you won't be bothered so much.

15. Apolonia
      Disappointed

Apolonia Member

Tinnitus Since:
      December 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced, acoustic trauma
      Do you have hearing problems? Have you lost any hearing from the age of 8 to now..?

16. john paul
      English

john paul Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/11/17
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma
      is there something known as surfers ear? it might be something to do with swimming and wearing earplugs.

17. dm222
      Fine

dm222 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2018/02/23
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      after cold and ear syringing 20-30% of volume 06/2018
      Swimmer's ears