17 with Tinnitus. Is My Life Over?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Lovely_wayss, Feb 25, 2016.

tinnitus forum
    1. Lovely_wayss

Lovely_wayss Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      I got my tinnitus after Christmas when my father got me a new stereo system in my car.... Now months later it still hasn't gone away. But of course me , being an idiot listened to it cranked up today with a friend . Her ears of course seemed to be fine afterwards while mine, are ringing louder. I can't go to parties , be with friends, go to movies, I can't even stand being at school in a noisy hallway. I love boating in the summer and going wakeboarding. Will I be able to live a normal life with this? Will it go away? I'm tired of crying and no one understanding me. Help...

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. Coregame3
      Arsey

Coregame3 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      LOUD NOISES
      I'm 18 and I'm in the same boat. Mine has only been 2 weeks tho.

• Like Like x 1
    3. Zora
      Kick ass

Zora Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      1st time: Megaphone ;2nd time: headphones too loud
      Hi mate,
      First of all, you will probably be ok but from now on do not listen to music that loud and avoid music in general. Let your ears calm down. Go to an ent, and see what he says. You are still young and if you didnt damage your ears before (by going to clubs and gigs) you will be fine. Dont worry.
      How loud is your T?

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    4. Lovely_wayss

Lovely_wayss Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      I've gone to a doctor and they told me to live with it... I got a hearing test done and my hearing hasn't suffered too much( thank god) and it's a high pitched ring.

5. Zora
      Kick ass

Zora Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      1st time: Megaphone ;2nd time: headphones too loud
      Oh ok. Ask him about steroids...but that might already be too late..I am in the same situation as you..20 yrs with T grad 4 I'd say. So I can understand ur concerns. Like I said, protect ur ears from now on. Hasnt it gone down simce christmas?
      There might stay a little buzzing orhumming but you will absoluetly be able to lead a normal life, altohough it might not seem possible for you atm.

• Hug Hug x 1
    6. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Ambassador Team Research

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Welcome to TT. Don’t despair and panic. At the early stage of T a new sufferer will usually be very scared and worry about the future. T is undesirable but livable, even long termed. But at the new stage, a sufferer usually falls trap into thinking life with T is not acceptable nor livable, therefore giving rise to so much anxiety and stress. This is quite normal reaction for new sufferers. But that will change gradually over time and you will be less stressed about T.

You are now functioning with the limbic nervous system which functions in fight or flight mode, and everything about T feels so much worse than it is. Over time when you are more positive and relax, you normal parasympathetic nervous system will return and things will be easier to handle.

If you read the success stories, you will find most people take some time to get better. Young people get better too. If they have a good positive attitude as well as some effective strategies or treatments, they will recover even faster. So don't panic. Give it time. Learn from others what work for them and apply what you learn. Things will definitely get better. Yes, definitely we can have a good life again even after T. It may not be reversible but T is definitely livable. Your perception about T will likely change over time like most of the recovered member do.

A few years back I suffered and feared my ultra high pitch T (and severe hyperacusis too) and I was in a mess. I thought my good life was gone forever. But now I live a normal, productive and absolutely enjoyable life. I don't give a dime about T, the same sound used to floor me. No longer!!!. My body is hardened to this ringing and its tyranny over me is truly over. I am not alone. This is happening to many members over time. So don't worry and don't lose hope. Stay positive and hopeful. Here are some success stories, mine and some young folks like you. Take care & God bless.

http://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads...w-i-recovered-from-tinnitus-hyperacusis.3148/

success story of 17 years old Zach:
      http://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/fake-it-until-you-make-it.7590/

success story of Jari with T since 12 years old:
      http://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/new.7670/

• Like Like x 2
    7. Lovely_wayss

Lovely_wayss Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      Thanks all... I think I've found a place where people actually understand what I'm going through. I think that's the most frustrating part for me. And those links were very helpful. Thanks again ❤️

• Hug Hug x 1
    8. Coregame3
      Arsey

Coregame3 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      LOUD NOISES
      I'm literally going through exactly what you're going through.

• Agree Agree x 1
    9. Boy Helios

Boy Helios Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      T is definitely curable. I met a few today at the hyperbaric chamber who told me their relatives were cured because they sought treatment right when T started.

if you wait more than 2 weeks to a month it might be chronic

10. ozm8ey

ozm8ey Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      I've had it for like a month now, you get used to it except for when that ear thumping thing happens

11. LiveIGuess
      Moonlighting

LiveIGuess Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2010
      Hey, your life is not over for sure. I got T when I was 12 and sure it's rough at the beginning, but one gets used to it. You can still go to parties and such, but I would invest in some good earplugs so you don't have to deal with louder ringing when you go to bed that night or any hearing loss. They might be expensive, but it's a good investment to protect your ears and still do what you want. They work at the cinema, parties, concerts or wherever there's loud noises. The ones I have have some neat filters so you can adjust how much sound you want to hear and most of the time they shut out high pitched noises. I have the ones that come in a red box here: http://www.earpeace.com/

If you are to listen to music you should have good earplugs there as well. Some that really shuts out all the noise around you so you don't have to listen to loud music just to hear what song you're listening to. I have tried UrBeats and some Koss ones. Both are good, but Koss ones lasts longer and is way cheaper.

Hope you found this helpful ~ Talk to me anytime if you want to.

• Agree Agree x 1