2 Months In...

Discussion in 'Support' started by astaff14, May 9, 2018.

1. astaff14

astaff14 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Earwax/Botched Irrigation/Noise Trauma
      ...and honestly, I've gotten a lot better than I was. One new struggle has come with the warmer weather-now we use an air conditioner, and boy is that annoying! But oh well. Eventually you get used to that too I guess.

The tinnitus really doesn't bother me like it did in the beginning. I still notice it almost constantly, but I do have moments where I forget about it. I really didn't think that would come for me, since no noise masks it entirely. I'm happy with that and have hope for further improvement.

I have also experienced a good few loud noise incidences, which made both of my ears feel full and odd most of the time, but even that I have gotten semi-used to. Funny enough writing this post is making my ears bother me more than they do usually do. Lol.

Hyperacusis has gotten better too... still have it, but not as badly. Adjusting to the fairly slight hearing loss I got from crazy loud previews at the movie theater has been kind of crappy though. Certain frequencies are now very irritating to me too.

Overall it's ok though. I'm still wary of my ears but have stopped wearing ear plugs in every day situations (on the bus, walking around, sometimes sitting at school, etc) and don't flinch as much at loud noises.

I thought about putting this in success stories but felt like it didn't have quite enough "success" in it for that I guess.. if anyone thinks I should move it though I will.

• Hug Hug x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    2. AngelZ
      Shitfaced

AngelZ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      It will get better and better!
      For me it's a "Success Story" already!

p.s. don't move it because some people there (in the SS section) can't stand the word "Habituation" :D

• Like Like x 2
      • Friendly Friendly x 1