2 Months of Tinnitus, Over the Last Month It's Decreased. Will It Continue to Do So?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Trish123, Feb 1, 2016.

1. Trish123

Trish123 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I've had tinnitus for 2 months. Unknown cause. Maybe listening to music through headphones. The last week or so it has decreased. The only time it gets bad is when I have anxiety. The first month was awful. Since it seems to be getting better, will ii go away or decrease more in the next couple months?

2. Jahhsoul
      Curious

Jahhsoul Member

Tinnitus Since:
      9/24/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unkown (not acute acoustic trauma).
      It is my 3 month with T, always is the same, but the last month I started to "habituate" and the annoyance is 50%.

People says it can improve overall in the first year. I hope they´re right.

• Hug Hug x 1
    3. Cheza
      Wishful

Cheza Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Barking dogs/stress
      Only two months in, and your tinnitus is already improving. Just my opinion as a lay person, but I'd say you have a good chance of it decreasing more. Do something about your anxiety, whether you need to take meds temporarily or get yourself super focused on distracting activities to keep your thoughts positive. And above all else, protect your ears. Headphones and earbuds are not a good thing for anyone, no matter if it's a "safe" volume, and especially anyone who has already experienced a prolonged episode of tinnitus like you have.

I wish you the best possible outcome. :)

• Friendly Friendly x 2
      • Hug Hug x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Trish123

Trish123 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I went to the ENT 2 weeks ago and she said it's either ETD or noise induced.

5. Jahhsoul
      Curious

Jahhsoul Member

Tinnitus Since:
      9/24/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unkown (not acute acoustic trauma).
      Can be ETD treated?

BTW I read in an article (Tzonopoulus) that mice had some recovery in T & hearing loss from acoustic trauma up to 6 months.

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Trish123

Trish123 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      My doctor said ETD usually goes away on it's own. She said it can take weeks, months and even years.

7. Shuffle
      Gloomy

Shuffle Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Heavy Metal & Machinery
      Mine decreased over time, until it hit a 'level' and it stayed there. You will get spikes where it is suddenly louder, for a reason or not (mine appears to be related to a sinus infection). I'm on the backside (hopefully) of a spike at the moment, it's not back to where it was, but it's back to bearable.

8. Zora
      Depressed

Zora Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      1st time: Megaphone ;2nd time: headphones too loud
      @Shuffle When did it hit the level? Because I have T since about 1.5 months and it decreased from 100% (that was the beginning sound level) to maybe 40% (now) and I hope it will reduce to 5-0%

9. Shuffle
      Gloomy

Shuffle Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Heavy Metal & Machinery
      Couldn't tell you for certain, perhaps a year? I went through a spike at about 6 months which was absolutely horrific, and then it began to settle over time again. You will always get the spikes though.