24 Year-Old Having Tinnitus Starting 2 Days Ago

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by rezonwong, Feb 16, 2017.

1. rezonwong

rezonwong Member

Tinnitus Since:
      14 feb 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi , my name is Rezon, 24yo.
      Im having this ringing in my left ear on sadly on valentine day.

I need to determine what causing it , hope you fellow guys can help me .

So 2 days ago , the ringing start after i go inside car to drive, and when i sit, i suddenly feel strange in my left ear.
      And it still persist until now.

I didnt have ear disorder before, and never bump my head.
      I also didnt listen to loud music for a long long time.

I did have stuffed nose , which i almost always can only breathe through 1 nostril(can switch left and right), but i did check to ENT and they said its normal.

The sound im hearing is "ngiiingggg", i believe its high pitched .

Anyone can help me what could be the cause ?
      Should i go to ENT to check? I read many comments saying they didnt help at all...

2. VRZ78

VRZ78 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Viral Infection
      Go to your GP or ENT but you might also have problems with your neck, your back or TMJ you should check that as well

• Like Like x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      rezonwong

rezonwong Member

Tinnitus Since:
      14 feb 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Thanks for your respond, really appreciate that, i will go to the ENT , i might need some opinion from this forum to prepare myself more mentally.
      I would appreciate and open to all opinion , feel free to comment here please.

Thanks

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      rezonwong

rezonwong Member

Tinnitus Since:
      14 feb 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Vrz78
      So i went to ENT, and tell him everything.
      He said i got the ringing from when im closing the car door . Which my ear couldnt bear the air pressure .
      Well , as i said before, the ringing start when i went inside the car, i guess he is correct then.
      He said dont worry it would be gone in couple of days.

Is there anyone know something like this ? Air pressure cause the ringing ? And is there anything i can do about it ?

5. RB2014
      Confused

RB2014 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2014 became noticable
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loss of hearing and then stress and anxiety
      Many people get it for many different reasons. I don't think there is anything you can do about it, except wait it out and see what happens. Hopefully it goes away on its own. If you have good hearing then it should go away. I wouldnt get to concerned about it, and as you can read from the forums anxiety only makes it worst.

I would just go about your daily life and try not to think about it. You want to bring less attention to it so it does go away. The more attention you bring the louder it could get, or it could remain permanently. Just go about your daily routine and do not obsess over this. There is nothing you can do to make it better, but many things you can do to make it worst.

• Like Like x 1
    6. Michael Leigh

Michael Leigh Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      The most common cause of tinnitus is loud noise/sound. Do you listen to music through headphones or play computer games using them. Do you listen to loud music while driving your car?
      If the answer is yes to any of the above questions that could the reason for your tinnitus.
      Michael

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      rezonwong

rezonwong Member

Tinnitus Since:
      14 feb 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Thank you for your kindly response !

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      rezonwong

rezonwong Member

Tinnitus Since:
      14 feb 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown

I rarely use headphones and i didnt listen to loud music also in car.
      ENT doctor said that i close the car door A bit harder and it cause high air pressure inside the car, which is unbearable for my left ear and caused the ringing.

I come to think about it , i think he is right , i havent started the engine . And i already started to feel something in my ear after i close the door.

I hope its not permanent ...

9. Michael Leigh

Michael Leigh Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      IF you are sure that you don't listen to loud music at any time and the fact that you don't use headphones, then your ENT doctor is probably right. Hopefully, your tinnitus will calm down. Try to be more careful in future and I advise you to carry on as you've been doing; not using headphones as they are dangerous in my opinion!

• Hug Hug x 1