25-Year-Old From Norway, New to Tinnitus (Anyone Else Around My Age?)

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by erl115, Oct 24, 2014.

tinnitus forum
    1. erl115
      Balanced

erl115 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Maybe loud music or damage to the ears.
      Hello T people! Im 25years old and from Norway! :)
      I got my tinnitus in 2012 (or i started to notice it then) and had it since then! :p
      I still feel new to T, but i also managed to find beautiful soulutions like music, sounds etc.

I think I got T because:
      - I love loud music, I did love to party before I got T:p
      - Had ear infections and problems since i was born :(
      - Got some bad peak sounds from job and pistol training :S
      - And last, I got hit in my ear when fighting some people in the past (I was protecting myself and a friend)

It's sad... to love music so much and have tinnitus:( I know I can't listen to music on loud volume anylonger, but I can listen on lower levels, and that is very comforting for me ^^ I hope there will be a cure one beautiful day! I really do! Love and peace out to all you T people, stay focused;)

EDIT;
      Here is a great music video for masking tinnitus! It's the best I found yet:
      Sounds to Soothe - Tinnitus masking and...

• Like Like x 1
    2. Stacey427
      Alienated

Stacey427 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      August 2014
      Hi there @erl115

Welcome to the forum, I quite similar to you, are young (22 yrs) and recently developed T.

I was the same, I went to my fair share of clubs and pubs with loud music, but was too uneducated and silly to realise what it could do and what tinnitus is capable of.

I'm glad your so positive and able to look at the bright side and find ways to cope, T definitely isn't fun.

Thanks for sharing your story as it is a positive attitude one and that fantastic!

I'm holing to my friend that there will one day be a cure, I was reading in the BTA the other night that they are hopeful for a "cure" within the next 10-15 years, I know that seems like a long time, but life really does fly sometimes so maybe it not seem that long.

It's such a complex thing with so many different causes, I wonder if they will work out a "cure" for every cause?

Thanks for sharing your story! :)

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    3. erl115
      Balanced

erl115 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thank you for responding! ;) I can tell you that the music and a healthy lifestyle does the work for me, without it i would be such a sad man.. and I used to drink so much before, listening to loud music.. I was silly too xO But now I quit the cigs, alc, I traing and eat healthy food,, I really had to change things in order to live with my T. :) But dont stop to live! Sometime I go out and have fun, just with low volume music :p hehe. Peace out, you can do this too girl! ;)

4. Stacey427
      Alienated

Stacey427 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      August 2014
      Thanks! It helps so much to hear others positive attitudes.

Do you mind me asking did the lifestyle change (diet etc) make a different to the level of your T? Or just help mentally manage it.

I agree with you on the lifestyle change, I stopped going to clubs and pubs. The music is just too loud!

I was actually reading an article the other day that the expected hearing loss/ tinnitus issues the world will have is only going to increase in our generation due to the iPods etc. and nightclubs people go to on regular basis.

I wish I was more educated and wiser before this, I definitely know now and will change my lifestyle to suit.

I guess it is the perfect time to as you say, change your lifestyle to a healthier one. Plus the other benefits on the body and mind will benefit!

Thank you for responding:) it's good to hear for others around my age with the same problem.

Although I do ask myself how come us? All my friends have done the same if not more and I don't believe will ever have an auditory problem. But that good for them be ause I would never wish it on anyone.

5. erl115
      Balanced

erl115 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      When I changed my lifestyle (not so many months ago) diet, I felt better mentally, but can't say so much for the T yet. :p I will update you later one day. And the new generation will mostly have more T problems in the future.. UNLESS they are more educated in the schools (the goverment needs to change the importance of information on T) in the future.

Indeed it is nice to talk to someone my age with T, and I belive it's not just the music and party that gave us T.. I think, for example me, I had much ear infections and problems when i was littel until the age of 19. But I must say that, when I was drunk in the past and was going to bed, I could hear the tinnitus very loud:S And I never paid attention to it :( Sadly, I though it would always go away.. until 10/2012.. when I found out i had T xP Education = <3 Thats my line for the next gen ;:)

• Like Like x 1
    6. Stacey427
      Alienated

Stacey427 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      August 2014
      I'm glad it's made a difference mentally, that's what I hope to achieve one day!

Yeah I agree, It can't (or maybe) be all related to the noise, I know it is is some but like you said other factors too, I think mine reared its head at a bit of a stressful period in life, I think I left a lot of issues unaddressed. Or it could be me k or tmj related. It's so annoying I never fully know!!

Well said! I think that hearing and T should be a full education in schools, it's sad it's not, as its one of the leading disabilities I've heard.

And YES! The same used to happen to me, get home from in night out with alchol and loud music and BAM laying in bed was a screaming T, I'm so silly to of not of realised what it was doing!!! I hate myself for it now.
      Hopefully they really do start to educate people more on this problem as there is NO cure currently, they educate on everything else sexual health, effects of drugs and alcohol. But nothing on hearing loss and T.
      They need to seriously readdress that otherwise they are going to see nothing but auditory problems increasing.

The cure should be funded towards now more than ever! This issue is on the rise and lack of education is really no good

• Agree Agree x 1
    7. erl115
      Balanced

erl115 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Indeed! I really wish and "pray" (im not religious :p) for this cure^^ One day, there shall be a star shining above, a star named T-cure ;) Really nice to talk to you, if you want to, just add me as friend (since im very new here anyway so:p). I guess there is a friend-system here :) But if you still like to listen to music, and want my opinion on headphones, i recommend the system i bought myself, its very nice ^^ erl115 dot net /recommended/by-erl115/home/headphones-and-systems/

8. Kopesy
      Balanced

Kopesy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      19/09/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma'?' (Unknown)
      Howdy o/ 25 here myself, got T just a few days before my 24th bday, what a present that was ^_^ It's difficult sometimes when you haven't got anyone to relate to, all I've heard of is people my friends & family know who have it but they're all a lot older than me. Really good site this, finally able to talk & make sense of things with other people going through the same thing. Good thing for us that science is pushing forward & fingers crossed, won't be long until we're cured & happy :D Regardless of what happens, it's made me really appreciate the littlest things in life, that's not to say I didn't already but when you get something like this, ignorance isn't necessary bliss anymore ^_^

• Like Like x 3
    9. erl115
      Balanced

erl115 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Indeed my friend! ;) I also really appreciate all the beautiful things I see on earth every day;) And dont forget to have fun and listen to some low volume music, even if you have tinnitus;) Dont forget to live and have fun;) We are too young to quit all the fun yet, just be careful ;)

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    10. Kopesy
      Balanced

Kopesy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      19/09/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      You're damn right we are! Listen to my chillstep/downtempo every day ^_^
      Koda & Bijou - Waking
      really into this dude atm

• Like Like x 1
    11. erl115
      Balanced

erl115 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      If you like that kind of music, maybe you like this;)
      Röyksopp & Robyn "Monument"...

Btw, the girl in that video was very beautiful, like art in a way ;)

• Like Like x 1
    12. Kopesy
      Balanced

Kopesy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      19/09/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Very nice dude :) Yeah she really is, almost as beautiful as Bijou's voice. What sort of music are you into or are you a diverse listener?

13. erl115
      Balanced

erl115 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Im a diverse listener ;) I listen to everything, but mostly electronic music:) As I am norwegian, I can say that Royksopp is my favorite norwegian band;) Royksopp means smokemushroom xP

14. James White
      Anime

James White Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Maybe loud music. Not sure.
      what is smoke mushroom ? is it a drug, a real mushroom or a nuclear related thing ? :)

i love royksopp by the way

• Like Like x 1
    15. erl115
      Balanced

erl115 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I did not know what it meant or was, until now:p Its actually a mushroom called Lycoperdaceae. :p
      https://www.google.no/search?q=Lyco...PRygPTgYHwBA&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAQ&biw=1600&bih=786

So royksopp means Lycoperdaceae, or smokedmushroom translated directly xP

Just google "Røyksopp", and the mushroom will appear. :)

16. lapidus

lapidus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Yup, it's a mushroom that gives away "smoke" if you step on it. Swede here btw :)

• Like Like x 1
    17. erl115
      Balanced

erl115 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Haha, i didnt know that, so it's really a good mushroom for royksopp consert's;) Nice! Sweden is cool! I know some ppls there, and i watch pewdiepie some times xP

18. Kopesy
      Balanced

Kopesy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      19/09/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Pewdiepie... the Internets Mr.Sweden XD

• Like Like x 1
    19. Christian_B
      No Mood

Christian_B Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07-2014
      A young one here as well, 22 and from Denmark :)

i've had tinnitus for 4 months soon, i'm trying to accept it but im still in the stage where i wanna try and fix my tinnitus. i'm currently trying to found out if its TMD (TMJD) related, since i have other symptoms which points in the TMD direction.

I'f the specialized dentist im going to thinks we should try with a mouth splint, im probably going to do that, and maybe i can be cured of my T. but who knows!

To be honest, i'm trying to stay a bit away from this board, since reading all these different theories and (a lot) sad stories doesn't really help me coping.. i'd rather find some good doctors instead.

How is you guys tinnitus? like the pitch and in one or two ears?

Mine is medium to high pitched, can be very loud at evenings/nights and goes from 70% in left to 30% of the time in right as well.. Mine actually started only in left but over time is started in my right ear as well.

20. walkthroughwalls

walkthroughwalls Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      possibly noise
      I'll keep it short since my info is in a couple of threads already...

I'm 28 and from The Netherlands. I've always looked up to the Scandinavian countries a bit. Their social policies (especially Sweden), heritage and culture are the only ones that can top The Netherlands, in my opinion. They're high on my 'to visit' list although it'll take a while before I'll have money as I just went back to school again.

I've been to a Kaizers Orchestra gig which was a lot of fun. I used to listen to Mando Diao when they had only one album out and caught them live in a small club shortly after the release of their second one. I lost track after that, though.
      I listen to tons of music, as diverse as John Coltrane, Melt-Banana, Neil Young, Boris, My Bloody Valentine, Bill Evans (piano), John Taylor (piano), Minnie Riperton, Radiohead, Fugazi, Godspeed You! Black Emperor...
      The list goes on and on.

The cause of my T is unknown. It may be noise-induced and/or dental/TMJ related. I love music, but I'm also a huge fan of earplugs and theoretically, I should've been okay. Another factor may be the dental work that was done and is being done. My T, or its increase that made it significant, is recent so it's unclear as to how it will settle.

Also, I seem to be the only person who feels better after spending some time on TT. To read other people's stories, exchange tips and information, read about research... It's all very comforting to me. I like the general compassion and enjoy helping others out, even though I'm very limited in what I can do.

• Like Like x 3
    21. erl115
      Balanced

erl115 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      My T is so strange these days:S The volume is variating all the time, is it because I was sick last week, or is it because i was drunk 2 weeks ago and listened on too loud volume:S (i wont to this anymore).. I just started workout again today, eating healthy etc, i hope ill get back where i was with my T, that means lower volume :) I hate it when i hear it, its soo hard to not focus :S :(

Anyone else experience the same? Like stress and other negative energy is controlling your T?

22. erl115
      Balanced

erl115 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      It worked!!!! Train hard, do workouts as often u can, and eat healthy food! IT WORKS!;)

23. hoper
      Happy

hoper Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2014
      i am 24, from vienna in austria. T since 3 months.

i will not give up the hope for a cure.

How close are we to finding a cure for tinnitus?
      I thus expect that the puzzle of how tinnitus arises will be solved within the next decade, and that this will lead to true targeted tinnitus treatments. http://www.tinnitus.org.uk/research

24. Andrew

Andrew Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Medication or infection (I Reckon)
      Yes, 25 year old from Aberdeen (UK).

I'll have had tinnitus for a month on Tuesday......which is also the day I pick up my dream car which I've been saving up for 8 years! Ironic isn't it! Or maybe unfair.....

25. DanM77
      Chatty

DanM77 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/1983
      I got tinnitus when I was around 23. It started small, but it's gotten much more annoying lately. I'm 55 now. One doctor told me to avoid quiet places...that's not always easy to do! I have to go for another MRI next week. I'm in the US...I guess it's slightly comforting to meet people from around the world who have the same suffering, to a greater or lesser degree. I'm not alone! :whistle:

• Hug Hug x 1