29 Years of No Silence... I Am Tired... Please Make It Stop

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Dana Lowery, Oct 16, 2016.

tinnitus forum
    1. Dana Lowery
      Curious

Dana Lowery Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Military
      I have had and been diagnose with T for almost 30 years, and it doesn't get any better with age.
      Now at 54 I am so tired of the noise in my ears. I can't remember the last time I actually enjoyed
      the peace and quiet, or a tv show, or even a good conversation with the constant noise in my head.

I have been reading about "Harle-tsu oil " and "CBD oil" lately and now that my state has made medical marijuana legal in my state I was hoping some here may have had some success.

Is there no relief?.

2. MikeP505
      Curious

MikeP505 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Punishment for being so darn good looking!
      There have been many discussions about CBD on here. Try typing it in the search area and find the posts that may help you with these answers.

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. Bobby B
      Fine

Bobby B Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      long term NIHL and recent acoustic trauma
      What caused your T in the first place ?

4. Alue

Alue Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Shit man, after 30 years and it still affects your life this much? There is no cure and only temporary relief with medications that may make things worse in the long run.

• Agree Agree x 1
    5. Dana Lowery
      Curious

Dana Lowery Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Military
      You just learn to live with it. But there are times when you just wish it would just go away.

6. Dana Lowery
      Curious

Dana Lowery Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Military
      There is the high frequency noise a cracklings sound and the sound of a field full of locust...

7. rzhang
      Transparent

rzhang Member

http://www.audionotch.com/app/tune/

use this to discover the freq. different colors noise work better. when you finish the site will tell you. if its above 14k try white noise with crickets

• Agree Agree x 1
    8. Alue

Alue Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Do you have hyperacusis too?

9. dan
      Chatty

dan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2011
      how loud is it? do u have more than one frequency?

10. Fungus
      Dreaming

Fungus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Virus?
      Sorry you are so troubled at the moment. Has something else happened to make the tinnitus affect you more ? Clearly you are well adjusted (habituated) to it most of the time, so if there's an additional feature things should eventually return to their previous state.

I would say that I'm habituated for the vast majority of the time (24/7 hissing, water dropping onto a hotplate and intermittent pulsatile tinnitus both ears), but I still would dearly love silence back at times.....hence I am trying CBD oil (totally legal and 'respectable' over here....UK)following a thread here on TT. To date no help at all...in fact, I haven't noticed that it is doing anything at all. Black, smells a bit like weed, tastes awful....so it SHOULD be good, so I'll continue for now.

The difficulty always is in a condition which may well be a hotchpotch of conditions with a final common pathway, and which is known to spontaneously remit and relapse, we can never be sure when improvement occurs whilst medicating if the improvement is down to the substance or the improvement is serendipitous.

Whatever, hang on in there....it's likely that things will eventually improve.

If the CBD oil (or eye of newt, toe of toad, or painting my ears green) works for me, I'll be the first to let you know.

Fungus.

• Like Like x 1
    11. Dana Lowery
      Curious

Dana Lowery Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Military
      Military service

12. MikeP505
      Curious

MikeP505 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Punishment for being so darn good looking!
      So your saying loud noises caused this.............?? Guns and rifle training etc??

• Agree Agree x 1
    13. Fungus
      Dreaming

Fungus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Virus?
      If your tinnitus was related to military service, then you are probably due some compensation from the government (not that money it will get rid of the noise).

No help for me yet from CBD oil. It DOES seem to be staining my teeth black, though. Still Hallowe'en is just around the corner....

Fungus.

• Funny Funny x 1
    14. Dana Lowery
      Curious

Dana Lowery Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Military
      I do receive Vet benefits for my Tinnitus and for hearing loss. And hearing aids. Yippee!! Not much.

• Funny Funny x 1
    15. Michael Leigh

Michael Leigh Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      April /1996
      @Dana Lowery
      Have you had any tests resently at a hospital or clinic for your tinnitus? I ask this as you've had tinnitus a long time and it's good to have your auditory system checked if you aren't noticing any improvement. Do you listen to music or any other audio through headphones?
      Michael