3+ months with Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Support' started by Ben Jubel, Dec 15, 2013.

tinnitus forum
    1. Ben Jubel

Ben Jubel Member

Tinnitus Since:
      safe to say that the acute stage is over and my tinnitus is here to stay. thats okay.

a lot has changed since the first 2 weeks with T.

I no longer have the stiffens and pressure in my jaws
      I ignore the tinnitus and have done a better job in regards to managing it. idk it just doesn't bother me anymore. I have realized that its just a noise in my head.

Even though I have gotten used to my tinnitus, some problems still linger around:

I cannot sleep without the tablet/music. With the music I fall asleep and have great dreams!
      paranoid/fear of loud noises. Extremely scared that my hearing loss/tinnitus will get worse

PS. now that I think of it my tinnitus does seem to pulse. is that a bad thing?
      • Winner Winner x 1
    2. Neenie

Neenie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Good news! How did you get to the point where it doesn't bother you? I've had tinnitus for 4 months and am just as scared/angry/anxious/desperate as I was on the first day!
    3. Liesel

Liesel Member

Tinnitus Since:
      You mentioned in an earlier post that you might have TMJ disorder, did you ever look into that possibility? My tinnitus is TMJ related and pulses. Tinnitus was one of the earlier symptoms of my TMJD, the jaw stiffness and pain have come and gone.

Either way, pulsing tinnitus usually means it is caused by a physical abnormality, not hearing loss. There's a higher chance of treatment!
    4. Marie Blalock

Marie Blalock Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Nov 2013
      When hearing loss is mentioned with tinnitus does that mean that tinnitus is causing the hearing loss or that tinnitus is from the hearing loss? I had a myringotomy a month ago and immediately after started having ringing in my ear. Having tinnitus does that indicate permanent hearing loss or can it occur with temporary hearing loss? Can you explain the acute stage to me. Is it normal for tinnitus to quite down or does it seem that way because one is getting use to it.
    5. Liesel

Liesel Member

Tinnitus Since:
      @Marie Blalock The latter, I believe. Tinnitus is a symptom of other disorders. But tinnitus can come with short term hearing loss as well, especially in cases caused by eustacian tube disorder.