3M Earmuffs and Earplugs Are Insanely Good

Discussion in 'Support' started by AZeurotuner, Mar 7, 2018.

1. AZeurotuner

AZeurotuner Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Drove an extremely loud, extremely bassy/boomy car tonight (finished a motor swap up with a friend and took her on a test drive, we don't have an exhaust system yet so it's open header, VERY f**king loud), used 3M Peltor X5A's and my friend gave me a pair of 3M 32 dB NRR earplugs to try on top of the earmuffs.

I was worried that the massively loud low frequency rumble would cut right through the protection via bone conduction. To my surprise I could barely hear the engine at all, I am shocked at how well 3M double protection works for low frequencies, it's incredibly effective.

If you need to do something bone shakingly loud, this is the route to go, the efficacy is amazing, 3M products are great.

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 2
    2. Juan

Juan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Several causes
      • Funny Funny x 1
    3. Sam Marksmen
      Confused

Sam Marksmen Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meds
      Can you share a link where to get them?

Some people say earmuffs like X5A increase low frequency sounds. Next time when I drive, I'll try the X5A and some Honeywell 33 dB NRR earplugs because they are flanged (I have a hard time doing the twist taking them out).

But you can really (kinda) trust 3M and I'd like to try some that have a flange. I'd like to give them a go if you could tell me which exact ones you tried please.

I'm glad it worked for you. Provides you with some freedom.