4 Months On

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Voxic, Apr 5, 2016.

1. Voxic
      Cheerful

Voxic Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure, more than likely fluid behind eardrum
      Hello all,

I just wanted to post an update for my 4 months anniversary with T. I know this seems to be said about habituation but for anyone who is new with / trying to cope with T but for my case (mild/moderate) it does get better. I spend most of my time no longer actually hearing it and when I do it no longer bothers me. I'm not the type of person to willingly let something lie either, so getting to habuation was something of a suprise for me, I was expecting to be angry at it for the rest of my life until it was gone.

In terms of where I'm at, I've finally been told it's eustachian tube dysfunction properly, rather than me speculate it and I've been referred to an ENT doctor at my Hospital, that's in 3-4 weeks time.

Once again I thank everyone for answering my questions in my early panic stages, you really did help ease my mind.

Cheers.

• Like Like x 1
    2. hurtingdream

hurtingdream Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2002. Became worse 11/29/2015.
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Medication
      It's been 4 months for me too. I have eustachian tube dysfunction. I have good days and bad days. Friday my T was real loud but it went down a couple hours later. I've been using a hot water bottle and I wake up in the morning with fluid in my ears. Hopefully we get better soon!

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Voxic
      Cheerful

Voxic Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hopefully we do, the only time I hear the T is when it spikes for about 10-15 seconds, it quickly fades after that.

4. Colleen123

Colleen123 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      How is your T now?

5. squareface
      Balanced

squareface Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      life
      I was told by an audiologist that the short burst is normal and that 50% of people get that. Not just people with T. Depends on how often it happens maybe.

6. bhira

bhira Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Your messages give me hope my ENT tells me it's inflammation to my eustachian tubes but there no fluid just the swelling going down could relieve my symptoms. I'm still hoping it does even after they tell me it could take months. Through this short journey so far I've been on I'm attepting to stay strong but I falter at times too and thats when it gets scary and as a man you don't cry just hide and breathe and calm yourself down... And eventually gets a little better... Hope & Faith & Positive attititude
      Just wish It be faster getting good days than bad ones and that will take time.

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Voxic
      Cheerful

Voxic Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      The T is still there, if I listen out for it I get the noise. Most of the time I'm not hearing it at all anymore. I've actually been quite in in regards to other symptoms but my doctor is started to suspect a corellation between my eustachian tube problem and my other issue.

Essentially at the moment I've got something in my stomach that is causing acid reflux and sinus issues, he believes that I've had a silent / more un-noticeable version since / before the onset of my T. I'm on PPIs at the moment and they seem to actually give me a reduction in volume. I'm getting a tube down my throat in 2 weeks time to confirm that this is the case.

The bursts themselves are when my T becomes noticeable over the normal volume I've learnt to ignore / tune out. Sadly I still get it all the time right now.

During my first two months I was a wreck, I searched and searched for information and reassurance on the internet and with my doctors / audiologists, I found when I stopped seeking information out I started to return back to my normal self quicker. I do hope you reach a point similar to me where you learn to accept it and that it no longer actively bothers you.

8. bhira

bhira Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Thanks for the encouragement, today is proving to be a difficult day and I'm having a hard time tuning it out. Anxiety is getting the best of me and lack of sleep too.

9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Voxic
      Cheerful

Voxic Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I know it's been said before by others but I found walking and jogging helped my anxiety. For sleep have you tried turning / leaving your TV on to generate some noise to distract you til you're too tired to stay awake? I use both a fan and my TV to drown the noise out at night if it gets particularly bad.

10. bhira

bhira Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Thanks, I turn my tv and fan on too. I think its getting a little better as I finally was able to get some sleep last night. I'm trying to accept it and not be so scared and anxious anout it. Hopefully It's getting better.

11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Voxic
      Cheerful

Voxic Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Finally saw someone from ENT, anything that was there that would explain the start and persistance of my T is non existant, I was offered CBT if I wished, I turned this down as I feel that I'm almost habituated already. I've been told that I have rhinitus, which is nothing new since I have heyfever and it's spring.