4th of July — Fireworks

Discussion in 'Support' started by Marias21, Jun 23, 2014.

tinnitus forum
    1. Marias21
      Busy

Marias21 Member

Cause of Tinnitus:
      allergies
      Im Dreading this time I use to love going out and seeing fireworks last year with my family but this year they scar the living light out of me 2 days ago near my house my next door nabor was exploiting fire works and they were loud really loud i thought at first someone was getting shot i have decited to go spend 3 night in a Hotel in my city to get away and it not cheep its $179 a night but i have to do this in order to protect my ears

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. Grace
      No Mood

Grace Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/14/2013
      Dont blame you!! Im avoiding fireworks and firecrackers too! I bet fourth of july about 5,000 or more people will develop chronic T!

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. washashore
      Fine

washashore Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Wearing ear plugs to a 4th of July display should be plenty of protection, I would think.

4. Marias21
      Busy

Marias21 Member

Cause of Tinnitus:
      allergies
      im trying to avoid developing Chronic T my T has gotten better in the pass 5 months now at night it goes away after i take a shower so i know its going to go away in time i honestly can say this has change my life

5. Grace
      No Mood

Grace Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/14/2013
      Mine goes away after a shower, then comes back also. Im 7 monthes in and I dont think it means its goin away its just how it is so unpredictable. Others experience this too.

6. Marias21
      Busy

Marias21 Member

Cause of Tinnitus:
      allergies
      my T its form ETD because of allergies my DR confirm this

7. TDCC
      Confused

TDCC Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      since june 14 2014
      Does anyone exersice with T I like Zumba and Cycling can i wear ear plugs to the classes and be ok.

8. shan
      Lurking

shan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      God knows
      I used to join Zumba and other dance classes. Despite wearing ear plugs, I felt uncomfortable with the level of volume after a month or so. I can hear the music pumping away even when I am on the changing room. I guess it depends on how loud the volume is and your comfort level. As for me, I would rather not risk it even though I didn't notice any increase in ringing right after each class. I think with all the vigorous movements, the ear plugs might not stay securely fit.

9. Rhea
      Volatile

Rhea Member

Tinnitus Since:
      [QUOTE="I think with all the vigorous movements, the ear plugs might not stay securely fit.[/QUOTE]

If you are wearing foam plugs and they are coming out with vigorous movement - then you haven't got them in right IMO.
      Rhea x

10. Rhea
      Volatile

Rhea Member

Tinnitus Since:
      OMG I feel you pain about the fireworks...we don't have 4th July here for fireworks but we have 5th November...it is ridiculous...people start doing fireworks weeks before and they last weeks after. This year was ridiculous...I got caught out so many times..like literally popping into the garden to put a bin out and and BANG...even indoors they were too loud for me...I ended up with plugs in almost constantly for weeks and to say I was incredibly pissed off and stressed by the end of November is a massive understatement - this year I am planning on renting a cottage in the middle of nowhere for the whole of November to escape the insanity :)...any other T people in the UK are welcome to come and join me :)

11. alifalijohn

alifalijohn Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/15/14
      T will sure change you life, I do not care about minor stuff anymore!

12. pef

pef Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/16/2013
      I went to a fireworks show last year with ear plugs. Sat about 150 yard from the barge. Best seat in the house and loved it. No ill effects. Going to to do it again this year.

Live! Have some fun! Spend a buck on foam ear plugs and "have a blast!"

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    13. citigirl13
      Dreaming

citigirl13 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      17/1/14
      Lol don't tempt me! I hate bonfire night too. Wasn't a fan of it before T either - I didn't enjoy sitting outside in the freezing cold watching pretty patterns in the sky. I would much rather be curled up inside with a warm hot chocolate and hot fire. If I do watch fireworks, it will be from the inside of the house.

Fortunately my house is on the outskirts anyway, so it usually isn't much of an issue - hopefully.

• Like Like x 1