70 Years Young

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by pinkflea, Apr 25, 2018.

1. pinkflea

pinkflea Member

Tinnitus Since:
      July 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I have had tinnitus for 7 months. It started in the left and 5 months later, the right. An ENT did an MRI: all normal. I do have hearing loss, which he says is common with tinnitus. The ringing is always there in everyone, he explained, but when your nerves deteriorate, the ringing is more noticeable.

• Hug Hug x 3
    2. New Guy
      Doh

New Guy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      3/18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced Hearing Loss
      Welcome pinkflea.

3. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
    4. PortalNaut

PortalNaut Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Late 2/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced
      @pinkflea Interesting discussion you had with your ENT. I'm in my 50's and in the course of my discussions my ENT said something of the same thing. She asked if I had T before my noise event ("no" which now means not that I was aware of), and then after the audiogram I was asking about age related hearing loss and wouldn't all people have T from it, and she off-handedly said "yes, that's is common." I mean I'm sure some people with hearing loss don't experience T but that wasn't the discussion area I was trying to focus on. She said 20% of the population has T.

Good luck, and have strength in your coping and perseverance, and may the T decrease.

5. jjflyman

jjflyman Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise (Concert)
      Any acoustic trauma, new medication, new supplement, or change in diet? Any of these things can cause T in some people. Has it faded at all?