A Supplement That Resolved My Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by karine, Jan 31, 2015.

1. karine
      Confused

karine Member

Tinnitus Since:
      december 2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      either damage to ear or head trauma
      I've had tinnitus for four long agonizing years. It's not easy to live with this, nearly its impossible. Or so I thought. I lost my job because of it and some close friends. It's really been affecting me. I hear a low roar and it's really loud. I have taken all the tests there is with no result.

But since I've taken Hearing Rescue, a natural supplement, I'm experiencing silence again and it sure feels good. I feel normal again. They gave me all these medications and my worse symptom was anxiety.

This link will give you the info on this supplement. I never thought I would get an answer by going to a natural drug store. But so far it's working. And I'm not questioning it because I've tried everything.

Here is the link: http://www.amazon.com/Hearing-Rescue-60-Capsules-Brand/dp/B00MBLZBJQ/

And remember, you are not alone.
      Karine

• Like Like x 2
      • Hug Hug x 2
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    2. marqualler
      Nerdy

marqualler Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection / Mild Noise Induced Hearing Loss
      Hi @karine, I hope that you truly have experienced relief. From what I understand, many natural supplements like the one you linked are ineffective at best. Just scanning through the ingredient list, I see that gingko is one of the lead components, which has been disproven to be efficacious in treating tinnitus. Can you give some more detail about your experience?

• Like Like x 1
      • Creative Creative x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      karine
      Confused

karine Member

Tinnitus Since:
      december 2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Well I was skeptical also, but nothing else I took would make the buzzing go away. I heard it all day without any breaks whatsoever. The pharmacist said it worked and I thought, yeah right. But I've been taking this for a couple weeks and I hear complete silence. To me it's a miracle. My dr. said it was due to damage in my inner ear and eardrum that caused the tinnitus.

• Like Like x 2
    4. Champ
      Woot

Champ Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma from headphones
      The ingredients for this product:

Magnesium (as Magnesium aspartate) 122 mg
      Zinc (as Zinc oxide) 50 mg
      Copper (as Copper gluconate) 2 mg
      Vitamin E (as d-alpha-tocopherol acetate) 40 IU
      Folate 800 mcg
      Selenium (as Selenomethionine) 100 mcg
      Vitamin B12 (as cyanocobalamin) 24 mcg
      Ginkgo biloba L. (Ginkgoaceae) Standardized for (24% Flavonoid glycosides and 6% terpene lactones) 240 mg
      Alpha lipoic acid 200 mg
      Vinpocetine (Vinca minor extract) 20 mg

*non-medicinal ingredients: silicon dioxide, magnesium stearate, gelatin DIRECTIONS: Adults take two capsules daily or as directed by a health care practitioner. Do not use if seal around cap is broken. SERVING SIZE: 2 Capsules SERVINGS PER CONTAINER: 30 Servings

Looks like it contains a lot of supplements people have tried but as 1 product.

Just ordered a bottle.

I expect this to do absolutely nothing, but the combination of ingredients intrigues me. I've not taken supplements since they seem like such a dice roll, but this combo of supplements could be interesting. I'll let everyone know if there is a change to my T (which is variable, constant, noticeable outside, and ramps up in intensity in quiet environments). We'll see what happens.

• Like Like x 6
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    5. eddyrules

eddyrules Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure, think maybe is because my apartment is near a busy lane.
      Hey Guys does this really work? Champ pls keep me posted on how it goes okkk.

6. Champ
      Woot

Champ Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      • Like Like x 2
    7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      karine
      Confused

karine Member

Tinnitus Since:
      december 2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Champ let me know also. I hope it works for you too. All I know is that all of a sudden, it was quiet and has been for five days. A record for me. After four years, it feels great. Keep me posted pls. Good luck!

• Like Like x 2
    8. Manuel Tissm
      Angry

Manuel Tissm Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      How many pills you took a day?
      Thanks for trying to help

9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      karine
      Confused

karine Member

Tinnitus Since:
      december 2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I am taking it twice a day, like the bottle recommends

• Like Like x 1
    10. Rube
      Fine

Rube Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud shit
      Hi Karine that is awesome you found relief. Did you ever have this type of silence before or is this the first time since your tinnitus onset? What are the details of how your tinnitus started? Thank you !

11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      karine
      Confused

karine Member

Tinnitus Since:
      december 2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thank you Rube.

Well, I have had past experience with t stopping but it always seemed to come back at night or when I woke up. So this is the first time I've experienced going to bed in silence and waking up in silence. If I put my music too loud though it will set it off but it didn't do that today. I feel so much lighter and I'm starting to get my senses back. The only thing that scares me is that if it comes back. But so far so good. Thank you all for your comments and posts.

It started the day after I hit my head four years ago! The dr said its not related but I beg to differ.

• Like Like x 1
    12. Champ
      Woot

Champ Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unless your doctor understands how the brain works 100% of the way through he is just guessing (note: he does not understand how the brain works 100% of the way through). Unfortunately, a lot of doctors seem to take this far and diagnose without really even trying to figure out what is actually mechanically/physically/chemically wrong.

• Agree Agree x 2
    13. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      karine
      Confused

karine Member

Tinnitus Since:
      december 2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      You're right on that part Champ.

• Like Like x 2
    14. Rube
      Fine

Rube Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud shit
      Was your tinnitus pulsatile or was it more of a high pitch or low humming type sound?

• Like Like x 1
    15. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      karine
      Confused

karine Member

Tinnitus Since:
      december 2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      It is pulsatile. Like a wind turbine or a low frequency engine. And it is constant, like I heard it all the time all day long. I lost it a few times.

16. Rube
      Fine

Rube Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud shit
      Glad it's working for you! Perhaps you had some type of mineral deficiency causing the pulsatile t or maybe an inflammation that was reduced by one or more of these ingredients. Did you ever take any of the ingredients separately Which are found in this product or is this the first time you are trying this type of supplement ?

17. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      karine
      Confused

karine Member

Tinnitus Since:
      december 2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I've never taken any supplement so you might be right. Maybe it wasn't inflammation. That supplement promotes blood circulation to the head so that's what I'm thinking it is.

• Like Like x 2
    18. Rube
      Fine

Rube Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud shit
      According to Wikipedia
      "Vinpocetine has been identified as a novel anti-inflammatory agent"

"Vinpocetine has been shown to selectively inhibit voltage-sensitive Na+ channels, resulting in a dose-dependent decrease in evoked extracellular Ca+ ions in striatal nerve endings.[12] The Na+ channel inhibiting properties of vinpocetine are thought to contribute to a general neuroprotective effect through blockade of excitotoxicity and attenuation of neuronal damage induced by cerebral ischemia/reperfusion.[13]"

There are older posts where some people reported improvements after taking Vinpocetine
      https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/an-honest-opinion-re-vinpocetine.788/

• Like Like x 2
    19. Mo_Mo

Mo_Mo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      25/11/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown, Started A Week After A Cold
      Did you have any hearing loss when you did the tests?

20. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      karine
      Confused

karine Member

Tinnitus Since:
      december 2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      No hearing loss, in fact my hearing was normal for the first time ever. Thanks for the info guys.

I've had more answers here than with my actual dr. It is really helpful. Finally I have some answers.

• Like Like x 2
    21. ile6163

ile6163 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      a month ago
      Hi karine, are you still in silence? Has anyone else tried it with good results?

22. LadyDi
      Busy

LadyDi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Barotrauma/airplane
      While I am skeptical of these supplement "cures," I didn't see anything on the ingredient list that will hurt me (although I am a bit wary of zinc). So I probably will give it a try. If it doesn't work, I only will have lost $40. A lot cheaper than other stuff I have tried.

So @karine, how long have you been taking this? And how long did it take before you started noticing an improvement in your tinnitus?

• Like Like x 2
    23. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      karine
      Confused

karine Member

Tinnitus Since:
      december 2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I started taking it three weeks ago and it was gone completely a week ago and has been gone for eight days.

And it's still gone. Other people said they would try but I haven't heard back yet.

• Like Like x 2
    24. Manuel Tissm
      Angry

Manuel Tissm Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      You are a very lucky person. I'd give anything for my tinnitus to disappear.
      I see if I can get in Europe.
      Anyone know any European site that sells this product?

25. Champ
      Woot

Champ Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Amazon has it.

My order is on it's way. I'll start taking it and report any results. Again, I'm not expecting miracles, but we'll see what happens.

• Like Like x 1
    26. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      karine
      Confused

karine Member

Tinnitus Since:
      december 2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Keep me posted guys pls. I paid the same amount for the pills they have on Amazon. I posted the link in this thread for those who want it. I wasn't expecting any results either, but had nothing to lose in trying. Can't hurt.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    27. marqualler
      Nerdy

marqualler Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection / Mild Noise Induced Hearing Loss
      @karine, you mentioned in the chat the other day that your tinnitus was more of the pulsatile variety. Do you think that is why this supplement seemed to work for you? I know a lot of people here have a lot of different subtypes, so it'd be great to know that if people had the subtype similar to yours that it might be more effective. For me I think there is an element of pulsatile going on (I sometimes hear an "engine" type sound but often can literally hear it "slowing down and stopping" when I put my head on the pillow) with another part related to damaged cochlea around the frequency of my mild hearing loss (~6hZ). If the supplement is related to blood flow, and pulsatile tinnitus has to do with blood flow, I can see the connection.

28. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      karine
      Confused

karine Member

Tinnitus Since:
      december 2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Yeah that's what I'm thinking I have too, which is probably why this supplement is working for me. I said in this post that I'm not sure it might work for others, but what you are describing you have is very similar to what I have and am hearing. Maybe that's why it's working for me.

• Like Like x 2
    29. kaycee
      Doubtful

kaycee Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2014
      Do you think it'd work for loud noise exposure t? I am still within normal range but have mild hearing loss in high frequency ranges. Possibly even due to eustachian tube dysfunction.

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    30. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      karine
      Confused

karine Member

Tinnitus Since:
      december 2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Well they do say it can. Whether or not it does I don't know, but can't hurt to try.