A Little Odd Problem (Tinnitus Comes and Goes)

Discussion in 'Support' started by Raphael7713, Mar 6, 2017.

1. Raphael7713
      Alone

Raphael7713 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      January 14, 2017.
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure
      So on January 14th this year I experienced tinnitus, and I wrote a thread about it under "introduce yourself".

My T lasted for almost exactly 2 weeks, the night of January 28 I noticed I didn't have it any longer and my life went back to normal.

So since then I've been more or less good.

The problem is that my T can sometimes come and go, usually when I wake up I can have it then it goes away after 30 min and I don't have it for a couple of days until it returns again for 30 min - 1 hour. So on the big scale I'm alright and I'm very thankful for not having the chronic T.

But why does it come and go (not that often, but it happens)?

2. Kelvin

Kelvin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      June 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Dental Work
      Truth is no one will know. Take it as sign that its either not bad or healing.
      Glad its not permanent for you ! :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. Elinor
      No Mood

Elinor Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure and barotrauma
      Have you had your ears checked? Sometimes the strangest things can cause T such as earwax. It could even be certain types of foods.

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Raphael7713
      Alone

Raphael7713 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      January 14, 2017.
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure
      Yea I visited the ENT on february 1st. She could not find anything and said I had very little wax and that she could clean it anyways if I wanted too, which I did. I was there back in november and did a hearing test and my results come back very good. So yea it's a strange one this. I hope it's some form of healing process or something positive. Thanks for your answers.