A Major Decrease in Ringing

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Vajra, Feb 10, 2018.

1. Vajra

Vajra Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Nov
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Anxiety, Panic attack, stress
      Hello! I have been experiencing tinnitus since November after going through a mental breakdown coupled with anxiety attacks. The tinnitus got much worse after I began experiencing exploding head syndrome, coupled with nearly two weeks of insomnia. Since then the ringing has been continuous, with only a couple of days where there was noticeable changes in volume, which I could give credit to anything specifically.

A really good nights rest? Less stress in my day? I don’t know. I do know that stress aggravates it.

Here are the exercises I used:
      Acupressure Points for Tinnitus - Massage...

...and...

How to get rid of Tinnitus naturally

Now, I can't say one helped more than the other but last night, after I did the exercise in the second video, I noticed immediate results, however slight. Soon after I went to bed.

The next morning when I woke up, ringing wasn’t the first thing on my mind, which hasn’t happened since it started. Yes, the ringing was there, and it seemed pretty loud still, it just didn’t call my attention as much as it did in the past. I went a outside and repeated the exercises after meditating. Now, I am not mentioning meditation as part of what I did to lower that obnoxious ringing. It is simply something I do every morning, and it has only helped reduce peak ringing, say after a anxiety attack.

Just for good measure, and because they feel really good, I did an ear massage on myself. I didn’t follow a video for the ear massage as I have some experience performing them, but here is a video to give you an idea on how it looks:

Massage Techniques : Massage: Ears

I went for a morning run and with the background noises of birds and a somewhat busy 2 lane highway about a hundred yards away it still seemed just as loud as ever.

I was until I about noon when I started noticing that I wasn’t noticing it as much. I got in my car and I heard silence before I could hear the ringing.

This evening, in a pretty quite house, I had to actually listen to hear it instead of it being this overbearing presence.

In this moment, with a fridge running about 5 yards away from me, I can here it. Not sure it that’s just because I am a little tired or what. Nevertheless, I have definitely notice a big difference.

I how does it work? I don’t know and don’t care. Is it the placebo effect? Again, don’t know, don’t care. I just want it to stop, and something I’m doing is helping.

I will continue doing the exercises day and night, see how I am in about a week, and report back.

I really hope this helps every single person suffering from tinnitus on this forum!

• Like Like x 4
      • Winner Winner x 2
      • Useful Useful x 2
    2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Vajra

Vajra Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Nov
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I know I said I would update in a week, but I just wanted to share where I am at now for the sake of helping you stay encouraged if it doesn't work right away for some.

This morning I woke up and the ringing seemed like it was back to normal. I did my exercise and noticed very little if any change. Today and friend and went for a scenic drive where we stopped at a few very quite places in nature, places where my TN would stand out like a train horn. At some point in the day though, I stopped and realized that I hadn't noticed it.

I still hear the ringing this evening, but it's becoming more of a background nice that's no longer overwhelming my mind.

This post here is helping me get past feeling upset about TN:
      https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/back-to-silence.7172/
      It is a psychological approach to curing TN.

Good luck and keep at it all. There is hope.

3. Taylorslay
      Happy

Taylorslay Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Years of excessively loud headphone use
      Isn't exploding head syndrome when you get woken up to sounds in your brain going off as if you are hearing something from the outside? Like glass dropping or so to say an "explosion".

4. .bill

.bill Member

Tinnitus Since:
      december2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      from ear infection
      Exploding head syndrome comes in different sounds. It may sound like a bang or like glass falling and expolding or as it settles it may sound like small electric shocks. It's a benign thing and is harmless. It's cause is from one side of the brain not wanting to relax.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Vajra

Vajra Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Nov
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      It's been a week since I posted, and I'll admit that I have not being doing the exercises regularly, but that is mostly because my T has not been as big of nuisance after 3 days of the exercises. Once a day I will do the back of the head and side of the head rubbing, but that is about it.

On the fourth day I started a parasite cleanse, which may or not contribute to the lessoning of T, but overall it is just not bothering me as much. It seems like it is back to where it was before my anxiety attacks, and I am okay with that.

6. John Meyers
      Artistic

John Meyers Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Just One (1) Loud Rock Concert!
      Thanks but, unfortunately, I don't think this works for those of us with noise-induced T. -- I've tried this and even acupuncture with no results..

• Agree Agree x 1