A Part of My Tinnitus DISAPPEARS When I Do Intense Exercise!

Discussion in 'Support' started by wishingluck, Apr 4, 2016.

1. wishingluck
      No Mood

wishingluck Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure, but probably acoustic trauma
      the part that literally DISAPPEARS is the low frequence rumble. It's a vibration of the whole head, I can literally feel my front teeth clattering when the rumble is there. It's REALLY weird. After a year, I notice that it starts in the evening. Before I go to sleep, I hop on my exercise bycycle and do intense exercise for 5 to 10 minutes. I started doing this to get tired and sleep easily. But since I started doing it, I wake up in the morning and there is NO rumble, whereas previously was there most of the day together with a hiss.

Even the hiss has improved. Also, for the last couple of weeks I have had NO night spikes, whereas in the past about twice a week I would wake up with a spike, and had either to get up (and it would go away after about 20 minutes), or I would crank up the masking and roll over and sleep (I use masking 24/7).

Coincidences? I still don't know. But the no rumble thing has been very consistent. It makes me think that it might really be a vascular problem. I don't know.

The hyperacusis seems not to be affected by intense exercise. BUT, on some days it's much better, for apparently no reasons.

• Informative Informative x 1
    2. Reinier
      Not amused

Reinier Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Explosion starting engine
      Thanks for sharing this. I have been thinking about putting my exercise equipment back together. I have read earlier that exercise can be beneficial.
      Unfortunately my hyperacusis bothers me a lot! But if it could help for the tinnitus.....

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      wishingluck
      No Mood

wishingluck Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure, but probably acoustic trauma
      I too have hyperacusis, and it varies, one day is bad and the other is better. But I noticed that what I said about exercise seems to have an effect on hyperacusis too. Maybe I have pulsatile tinnitus, the other day it seemed to change and go 'up and down'.....usually it's 'fixed'.

Even if it does nothing for your tinnitus and hyperacusis, you still have all to gain and nothing to lose. The majority of death causes I hear about, are for heart attacks and heart related diseases. Very short intense exercise strenghten the heart, it will need to be strong if the artheries become more clogged; if it's weak because of no exercise, it won't pump enough blood and won't make it. You just can't do without at least a little exercise

• Agree Agree x 1
    4. truesilence

truesilence Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2014
      Hmmmm. I have the same thing when I excercise. Volume goes right down and the H isn't as bad. I've also noticed that eating better and eating less is having a positive effect. I feel a bit less tired as well. The fatigue and brain fog are the worst part of T though.

5. Axel
      Depressed

Axel Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Medicin
      Lucky you. If I get a high pulse when excercising my T sometimes gets worse.