A Spike Literally from "Nowhere"

Discussion in 'Support' started by Raphael7713, Jul 30, 2017.

1. Raphael7713
      Alone

Raphael7713 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      January 14, 2017.
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure
      So my situation has been good for the last month, very good even. But yesterday night when I was going to sleep, I turned off my masker for some reason and was left in silence....and I noticed my tinnitus was SCREAMING! Out of the blue. I can't find any reason for this? Only reasons I can think off was that at the time, I was very tired and the last 2-3 days I haven't slept the best, + I've been under stress. I knew these factors can trigger a spike, but THIS loud? For the last 30 days I couldn't even notice my T, if it even were there at all.

Now I'm left in fear. It seems to have gone down a bit..but still.

• Like Like x 1
    2. Michael Leigh

Michael Leigh Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      HI @Raphael7713

Sorry to hear about your spike and hope that it calms down for you soon. Wearing a masker while asleep isn't such a good idea. It is better to use a dedicated sound machine for sound enrichment at night time. Try not to worry about the sudden spike. As long as you haven't been using headphones and not being around loud sounds I think you'll be alright.

All the best
      Michael

3. Sean

Sean Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01-01-2011
      It's very common for T to. Spike when you are tired . I bet one night of good sleep and it will be back to normal .

• Agree Agree x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Raphael7713
      Alone

Raphael7713 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      January 14, 2017.
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure
      It wasnt just louder than my normal T, it was insanely LOUD. I got frightened

• Hug Hug x 2
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Raphael7713
      Alone

Raphael7713 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      January 14, 2017.
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure
      So these last days I cant seem to get more than 5 hour sleep, and it's not 5 straight hours. I sleep, wake up, sleep, wake up...then cant sleep. I've had this waking problem even without T but now it's irritating..I never feel rested. I felt at my T settled down yesterday....until it was time to sleep.

6. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      @Raphael7713 ,
      May be try some melatonin off your doctor.
      A warm bath and milky drink and relaxing music could help also...
      Love glynis

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Raphael7713
      Alone

Raphael7713 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      January 14, 2017.
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure
      I used to take zopiklon when needed and they are very effective, I will try tonight again. Whats strange is that the last month Ive lived like a normal person again and slept very good. All went down hill just like that.

8. Philososound541

Philososound541 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/13/2001
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Azithromycin
      I can relate @Raphael7713 Ive been having a lot of trouble with my T during the night. I haven't been able to sleep either. I think it has to do with how we see the problem. When we start to distress over lack of sleep because of tinnitus then that belief becomes the fuel for more self fulfilling prophecies. I also had a terrifying T spike that last like three sec. and it woke me straight up out of a deep sleep. My solution is to ignore the T during the night as much as possible, while I try my best to relax and sleep.

9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Raphael7713
      Alone

Raphael7713 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      January 14, 2017.
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure
      I also think it's stress. Because this is how it happened (I feel like im repeating myself but oh well):
      Since last june until present I've lived the perfect life. Tinnitus didn't bother me at all, perhaps a LITTLE when it was reactive (which also went away). Some 4-5 days ago I started to get very annoyed on a sound which came from an external source. The next night that sound stressed me up even more and from there everything went down hill. So i'm pretty sure that it was/is the stress that ruined my very, very positive streak.