A Stressed Brit

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Coladude, Aug 20, 2017.

1. Coladude

Coladude Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Possible self inflicted injury
      First off hi to all here. Heard lots of positive things about this place so looking forward to getting to know you all. So my story.

I've always had some form of tinnitus back when I was a musician and was stupid enough not to wear ear plugs. It was more than manageable. How ever fast forward some 12 years later this is no longer the case. I drink a lot and self harm by hitting myself in the face from time to time which I think has started the pure hell im in. I suffer from major anxiety issues that being said after reading a few posts on here I'm starting to believe I can get bettter. Night is the worst for me atm and it seems to be crazy loud in the morning. My main worry is that I've done something more scary like giving myself a tumor when I've punched myself, hence the tinnitus. Hope you can help give any feedback and advice. Thanks so much.

• Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    2. DebInAustralia
      No Mood

DebInAustralia Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Welcome...

Of course you can recover from your current state (anxiety). Acknowledging it is the first big step. That takes courage. I cant comment on the longevity of your t. I would recommend finding other less damaging ways of self harming if you must during times of high stress such as rubbing ice on your skin or flicking elastic bands on your arms.

Are you under the care of someone for your anxiety and self harm?

Maybe see your gp first. Explain what youve been through and have them check you out first. Your gp may want to refer you to other health care providers who can give you the support you need.

You will find the t community here very supportive and helpful. Welcome and let us know how you get on if you decide to get checked out. Consider au audiogram if you havent already also.

• Like Like x 1