A Suggestion to Try for People with Depression and Fatigue But Have No Anxiety.

Discussion in 'Support' started by JasonP, Mar 9, 2017.

1. JasonP
      No Mood

JasonP Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2006
      After coming across people with depression and fatigue and experiencing a small amount myself recently (but with no anxiety), I was reminded of the effects of using extremely cold water years ago when the hot water heater broke and the landlord didn't get it fixed right away. I noticed this had a huge effect on me chemically and hormonally and it caused a huge increase in breathing in and out (in the shower) which causes increased oxygen to the brain. Other things I believe happen like increasing noradrenaline and possibly some other hormones as well. It woke me up more than any caffeine ever did which shows that is clearly has a physiological affect. This could be a coincidence but I remember during that time when the hot water heater was not working, I had much less depression, more energy, and was able to get out of bed much easier. I was doing some other things at the time though as well so it might have not been the cause.

I did some very quick research and found this article here:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17993252

If anyone decides to experiment with this please post back here. I just did and got a very temporary cold forehead and increased breathing (went down after shower). It was rather exhilarating. The problem was, I took a hot shower for a long time before and then switched it to cold water for a fairly short amount of time. I'm thinking about just getting in next time without the hot shower.

I also found this article on the internet but do not know if everything is 100% accurate:

http://www.menprovement.com/benefits-of-cold-showers/

• Like Like x 3
    2. Paul10

Paul10 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress
      Good find! Everything's worth a go!

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JasonP
      No Mood

JasonP Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2006
      I can't believe I forgot this as well: Try eating more fish (as long as you aren't allergic to it). The Omega 3 fatty acids can really help with depression and energy. You'll probably need at least several servings a week.

4. Paul10

Paul10 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress
      I've actually just started taking some cod liver oil capsules, my fish intake is practically zero, hope this has some omega 3 fatty acids? Thanks for the tip!

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JasonP
      No Mood

JasonP Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2006
      I think it might be better to take Omega 3 fatty acids instead because you don't want to overdose on Vitamin D. If you can afford it, try Barleans Omega swirls (fish oil type). It tastes fantastic but take it with food.

6. Paul10

Paul10 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress
      Thanks Jason, I'll definitely look into getting some on Monday!

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JasonP
      No Mood

JasonP Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2006
      You are welcome. You will probably have to go to a specialty place such as Vitamin Shoppe because it needs to be refrigerated. Other supplement stores may carry it to but its best to call before you go.