About a Week In... Hello

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Estropelic, May 8, 2018.

1. Estropelic
      Artistic

Estropelic Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Faulty hearing protection at the rifle range
      Went to the shooting range with plugs and over the ear protection. Let a few rounds off with the rifle and I heard this funny increasing muffled sound in my ear. If I could explain the sound in detail, it would be as if a kazoo of muffled sound was being played in my ear. I didn't pay it much more attention and left the range. I didn't notice the ringing until a day afterwards.

I'm about a week in and I'm hoping the sound will go away. I was forced to listen to ambient music "Bells, rain and forest sounds" to get myself back to sleep.

2. NormySan
      Wtf

NormySan Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise exposure
      Hi,

I'm sorry to hear about what happened at the shooting range, i hope it gets better for you the coming weeks, make sure to protect your ears when in noisy environments to let the ears rest and maybe it gets better!

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Estropelic
      Artistic

Estropelic Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I went to the beach for lunch and it goes away. I hope so too.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Estropelic
      Artistic

Estropelic Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Went to the ENT and he put me on prednisone for six days. Fingers are crossed for a speedy recovery.

5. PortalNaut

PortalNaut Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Late 2/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced
      You've taken some good steps, and the prednizone sounds perfect at this point. With any luck you stand a good chance of recovering. Report in, and keep aware that time is a big ingredient in this whole thing. Your body has been through a huge shock.

Good luck!

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Estropelic
      Artistic

Estropelic Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thought I would give everyone an update:

I'm about 12 days in and finishing up my prednisone in the next few days. My hearing is still tender "dogs barking and prolonged use on the phone aggravates my ears" so I limit my use. It seems like my ACRN tone is around 3600 and I have been able to sleep through the night without audio filters. I'm starting to question if the tone remains and same and the volume has decreased. I wonder if the tender ears is a sign of healing. ENT did say that my injury is similar to a concussion and it will take time. :/

• Like Like x 2
    7. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Your ENT makes more sensible comment to you than mine. Your T seem to come from acoustic trauma which is a form of injury to your inner ears. So it will take time to heal such injury. If you don't have hearing loss from it, it is a positive. My ENT was blunt and cruel in trying to crack a joke to me, saying that the only way he could stop my ringing was to shoot me. Gosh!!!

• Hug Hug x 1