ABR Test

Discussion in 'Support' started by truesilence, Jul 16, 2015.

1. truesilence

truesilence Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2014
      :grumpy:I'm beginning to think I may have ' hidden hearing loss'. My audio, OAE and LDL's are normal.I'm getting more and more frustrated and despondent. If I have cochlear damage could this result in neck tension and head pressure? Could this be nerve related?Does anyone know where I can get extensive tests in London other than the dreaded NHS? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      truesilence

truesilence Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2014
      Anyone?

3. Mad maggot
      Breezy

Mad maggot Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I think neck tension and head pressure could be your central nervous system acting up which could be causing the T or it could be the T causing the CNS to act up. Sorry there doesn't seem to be any definite answers for you. Have you tried massage? I get a lot of neck and head/facial pain and pressure and a massage of my head and neck/ shoulders really helps. Also I've had good results from acupuncture. It has given me some temporary relief also from T. It hasn't removed it but has lessened it.

4. Evian

Evian Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2015
      There is a private tinnitus clinic in Harley Street no idea what they are like, Amy e they do hearing as well.

Also I believe there is a good hearing clinic at Addenbrookes in Cambridge apparently but you would need the standard route of getting a GP to referee you to an ENT and then persuade ENT refer you to Addenbrookes which I suppose would take forever.

I would like to be referred to Addenbrookes for my T & H but haven't the strength for the fight plus deep down I think I feel nothing can really be done even when you get to see good people :-(

• Hug Hug x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      truesilence

truesilence Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2014
      I'm waiting for advanced physio through the NHS. Osteopathy seemed to help when I first got T as did a hot water bottle. So frustrating when you don't have the funds to try out possible treatments especially when I feel my sinuses are going to implode. Four weeks of steroid spray has done nothing.

6. Evian

Evian Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2015
      Where did you place the hot water bottle did you place it on on near your ears, or round the back of your neck ?

I was using a lot if steroid sprays on my sinus before all this started up, I know I've got sinus issues but I think it's too late for the T I can tell it's here to stay

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      truesilence

truesilence Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2014
      Hey, the info is much appreciated.
      Some of your symptoms are similar to mine such as hearing yourself swallow. Meal times for me can be a nightmare! I would agree that there is a limited amount the NHS can do, but try to take advantage of all the (free)available resources out there. Try getting an appointment at the Royal National Ear, Nose and Throat Hospital. They don't rush you and they can do additional tests.[/QUOTE]

8. Evian

Evian Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2015
      [/QUOTE]

I've lost weight since all this started 7 months ago. I can't stand that I can hear all my eating sounds amplified. I am having a nightmare of a day with both ears blocked and screaming that feels like it is from my whole head. Son just had a shower, hubbie ran a tap and it meant that I couldn't hear the TV( not that I watch it now I keep it in for background noise)

Is that hospital in London ?

9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      truesilence

truesilence Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2014

Neck and ear. It's surprisingly effective and soothing.

How do you know it's here to stay?

10. Evian

Evian Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2015
      It's got that kind of s ound and permanence to it, I think I deal with it better thinking this is it, plus I read a lot if stuff that said the best chance of resolution is in the first three months, I'm well past that.

I'm a major stressor which seems to hold it into people's brains.

I've been doing the opposite, my ears feel inflammed so I am using ice cubes in a bad and then wrapped in a muslin in bed some nights. I have to put a towel in the pillow though or it makes aright mess. Doesn't help the tat at all but does seem to calm down what seems like fullness/inflammation

11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      truesilence

truesilence Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2014
      If you have any inflammation it will compromise your auditory system. Once you get any short of blockage you get negative pressure in your middle ear which can create T. If you don't have hearing loss then I do believe something can be done. Have you had an MRI to look at your sinuses?

12. Evian

Evian Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2015
      No but I had a cat scan that showed sinusitis, but that was before I used a load of drops on them. I was down for ballon sinuplasy but didn't go through with it as in the interim the chronic T and Hyperacusis set in, so I was devasted.

I was so bad with stress and anxiety I could cope with the idea of a general anaesthetic, I thought I might die under it, but then another part of me thought it could be a blessed relief. I have further issues with badly placed dental implants in my upper jaw which I think are causing issues, I need them out, but this is a complex process and very loud so could affect my hearing. Basically I'm a medical mess and feel I haven't been served well by Drs and Dentists so I have lost the faith a bit :-(

Also I may have hearing loss as I only had the basic ENT test which is worse than useless

• Hug Hug x 1
    13. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      truesilence

truesilence Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2014
      The very first thing you HAVE to do is get some help for your anxiety. I was exactly the same as you. I was on my knees and ready to end it all. I've just completed CBT and it was really helpful. Also there is an app called Headspace which I can highly recommend. I would suggest you get an appointment at the Eastman Dental Hospital and get those dental implants sorted out. I've been under the drill for root canal since the onset of T and have had no issues whatsoever.

14. Evian

Evian Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2015
      I've had four out and am in a kind of state of toxic shock, I feel totally unsupported in this my dentist is willing to take them out, but we don't know what we are doing. And GP can't offer anything and yes I do feel I am ready to end it. I can't face the treatment and then living with the consequences.

Even if I get the metal crap out of my body, I've no idea what long term damage having these in for 12 years has done.

I have been I'll all that time with fibromyalgia, osteo arthritis and chronic fatigue that I realise started with the first one going in. There is no doubt in my mind I have heavy metal positioning

• Informative Informative x 1
    15. Evian

Evian Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2015
      I've spoken to and emailed The Eastman this morning. The receptionist said they run a kind of reduced service during the school summer holidays.

My whole head is affected with my Tinnitis today, it's raging all over the back if my scalp and benind my ears. Still feels like a pressure cooker with my ears as the steam vents.

16. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      truesilence

truesilence Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2014
      Evain, breathe. Great, you've phoned the Eastman. Do follow that up. My father had treatment there and they are very good. Have you managed to download the headspace app?

17. Evian

Evian Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2015
      No sorry I haven't im not very good at that kind if thing. I've had a really bad day, and a bad GP appointment where they think I am mad and have given me AD's. Like are the going to get rid of my chronic T, H and suspected metal implant poisoning. I don't think so.

I know I have weird neurological symptoms, everything is heightened hence the Hyperacusis and I am now often smelling burning like bonfire smoke when non exists, so my sense of smell is up the creek as well. My central nervous system is shot so I hardly need to stick mire crap drugs in my body.

18. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      truesilence

truesilence Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2014
      Ok. Do this. Breathe in deeply through your nose and out through your mouth. Make sure you place your hands on your stomach and that you feel the rise and fall of the breaths there and not from your chest. Focus on the breaths and nothing else. This will stimulate your parasympathetic nervous system and will help you calm down. You can do this whenever you feel overwhelmed and it works a treat.

• Like Like x 1
    19. Evian

Evian Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2015
      Thank you. I will need to do it permanently