Acoustic Neuroma — Is Vomiting Normal?

Discussion in 'Support' started by masonlee, Apr 23, 2017.

1. masonlee

masonlee Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hello all,

Doctor said my father is having acoustic neuroma. Now waiting for surgery to remove the tumor.

He keeps vomiting, and just now seemed like he was vomiting some blood, is this normal for an acoustic neuroma patient?

Thanks a lot.

2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      If vomating blood he needs to get checked out asap !

Sickness and dizziness and loud tinnitus and balance problems are all connected with his Aucuatic Nuroma.
      I hope he has medication to help a little with side effects.

Love glynis

3. compressorman

compressorman Member

Tinnitus Since:
      august 1982
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic neuoroma left ear
      Hi there,
      Sorry to hear about ur Dad.

This was my early experience of a tumour...I have had for 35 years!
      Vertigo and sicky heads, I took SERC TABLETS for it..it later disappeared with just the tinnitus to put up with!

Then the tinnitus started, bad, not so bad, bad and bearable.
      I looked many times at the operation, I read a lot, I talked to surgeons, I wanted the full SP on my condition.

Want it on the jaw was said to me, yes squarely!

Its a Major op, the tumour is in a very small hole thru to your skull, it also has other nerves going through same hole, we r talking millimetres. Removal of tumour will make u totally deaf, don't feel ur hearing will be retained. Its a dangerous operation, many things can go wrong and do.
      Worst is the surgeon cuts a facial nerve..by mistake, that will cause a palsy, then the eye u could go blind, many others.

I watched a film once on an operation, the patient was a merchant banker, he had the best surgeon but it went ALL VERY VERY WRONG!-He ended up as a basket case, he spent the rest of his days in a hammock, fed by tubes, he was totally deaf, blind cud not lift, his bowels uncontrollable a zip in the hammock to let it out.

THATS WHAT MADE ME DECIDE, NO WAY AM I HAVING THE OPERATION-I WILL PUT UP WITH TINNITUS!

I am 70 now, yes I never heard my pals say in the pub, hey its ur round didn't u hear us, that's a bonus, another is if u have a nagging wife in bed, u can turn over on ur gud ear and u hear NOTHING!
      I cud have elected to have the operation, it may have gone okay, but it may not have, gone wrong I wud not have been married to a wonderful wife that puts up with my deafness and sometimes snappiness as a tumour can pull you down at times. Don't let it take over your life and watch who plays with ur ears.