ACS Custom Earplugs and Their Impact on Ear Wax

Discussion in 'Support' started by FrontRoomFanatic, Nov 11, 2019.

1. FrontRoomFanatic
      Dreaming

FrontRoomFanatic Member

Tinnitus Since:
      June 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Damage (Music)
      I’m thinking of getting ACS Custom earplugs for times when I’m caught out around a noisy situation. The problem with this is I’m not sure how deep the earplugs tend to go down into the ear canal. I’ve always had a lot of wax buildup and I also have a narrow ear canal in the left ear. This canal also takes a turn to one side and goes deep (and progressively narrower) in my ear meaning any wax that gets pushed in gets compacted and difficult to get back out again.

Can anyone advise on how deep they go generally? I feel my best bet is simply to avoid places like noisy bars to reduce the need to wear earplugs unless in an emergency.

2. addot

addot Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Jan 2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      These might not work for you, but if you're worried about wax buildup, you could get yourself one of these. They seal the entrance to your ear canal without going inside it. They do offer less protection than ACS Customs (I think these cut about 19dB), but for my purposes (restaurants, gym, walking outside during mild traffic, etc) they work great.

• Like Like x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      FrontRoomFanatic
      Dreaming

FrontRoomFanatic Member

Tinnitus Since:
      June 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Damage (Music)
      Thanks I’ll have a good look at this type.