Acupuncture Success

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Shortstuff, Mar 28, 2018.

1. Shortstuff

Shortstuff Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/17
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi everyone. I recently posted on success stories as about 2-3 months ago after I found that I was finally habituating to the ringing. Back story in a nutshell. Ringing started in April 2017. I’m still not sure why but could have been either high stress and anxiety or citalopram which I was given for the stress. Either way, the fact that I don’t care about how it started is one of the reasons I started to habituate. Stopped stressing over it.

So I thought I’d give acupuncture a go as I thought it would speed up the habituation process. I’ve been having hourly sessions once a week for 6 weeks and I can honestly say that it is making a massive difference. I would fully recommend to anyone to give it a go especially if your tinnitus is causing you anxiety.

The reason for me posting is because I promised my self that I would return here to offer hope to anyone in the early stages. It does get better. Only yesterday I had a tinnitus free day and have a feeling that there is many more to come.

All the best.

• Like x 12
      • Agree x 2
      • Helpful x 2
      • Hug x 1
      • Winner x 1
      • Informative x 1
    2. Dawna

Dawna Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      That’s fantastic. Can you describe what type of treatment your acupuncturist is doing on you? Thanks.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Shortstuff

Shortstuff Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/17
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I’m no expert on acupuncture but from I’m told while there the lady opens ‘deep channels’. This involves I needle in the hand and another in my ankle. Also a few pressure points in my back. Really relaxes me. No needles above the neck or near the ears which I found surprising.

4. MeBeSurfer

MeBeSurfer Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/17
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      SSRI Medication, Movie Theaters, or Gaming Headphones
      Mine started after citalopram as well. Was on Lexapro first, switched to citalopram, that's when the ringing had started. I am hearing so many stories of people getting T when they take these meds! Congrats on coming out ahead!

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    5. Stephanie72

Stephanie72 Member

Thanks for posting! I’ve only been dealing with this for 3/4 weeks and I’ve found acupuncture to be helpful as well. It can be expensive so I would advise others to give community acupuncture a try. My place offers a sliding scale fee of $15-$35. Whatever you feel like paying that day! It has been helpful in anxiety and seems to quiet it down for me. It has also helped with pain from another health issue. I’ve gone 3 times this week and I’ll probably do 3 sessions next week, then switch to a once or twice a week maintenance. I only come back here to read sucess stories now. Your story really gives me hope. Thanks for coming back to post.

• Agree Agree x 2
    6. Wenno
      Lucky

Wenno Member

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Likely chronic sinus inflammation
      I would like to add my voice to those here advocating for acupuncture. My acupuncturist inserts the needles into outer edges of ear, also neck and wrists. I’d been to him before and have great faith in him. He suggests twice weekly for 6 weeks. I’ll be going permanently most likely. He was recently away for a month and I found myself really missing this treatment option.
      I’m not sure of exactly ‘how’ it helps me but I’m certainly more relaxed on the Tinnitus issue- and feel the ‘edge’ is definitely taken off it. There are plenty of ‘less than ordinary’ acupuncturists though. If the treatment doesn’t make one sleepy, at least sometimes- I’d be a little concerned, and I’m not easily made sleepy. Like any treatment, it’s success may well be dependent on the ‘cause’/‘nature’ and ‘severity’ of one’s symptoms, medications etc. My T is generally not too bad compared with others here. Acupuncture however does nothing to assist my Hyperacusis/ Diplacusis.

7. Meburk2

Meburk2 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown? or maybe the 100 Grateful Dead concerts?
      My acupuncturist placed needles on each hand in the soft part between my thumb and forefinger, on my ankles, above my belly button, behind my ears and in my ear (not the hole but on the outside). She also did some "burning" (not sure what it was, and it stung a bit, but not horrible) around my belly button and behind my ears. I too have had much success with acupuncture.... although I did a bunch of other things too, like drinking Apple Cider Vinegar with The Mother (2 tsp diluted in 10 oz water 10 min before each main meal), lipoflavanoids, no coffee, Chiropractor (only twice). Whatever it takes. Glad you are feeling better.

8. Grainbuzz

Grainbuzz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Tile saw cutting
      I have had success with Accupuncture. I had an hour session and my ringing was almost completely gone. The low tinnitus tone lasted for a couple of weeks. I'm headed back to my Accupuncturist tomorrow and I will give feed back on results. Has anyone here tried the Bemer machine? It's suppose to improve blood flow up to 30%

• Like Like x 2
      • Winner Winner x 1
    9. Drone Draper
      Jaded

Drone Draper Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      NIHL, ETD and work stress
      Against my better judgement, I've now booked acupuncture on Sunday.

My logical brain is howling at the prospect.

My ears are saying "Just give it a shot".

• Like Like x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
    10. dayma
      Pacman

dayma Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      1/6/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      UNKNOWN
      Acupuncture did nothing for me at all. I really don’t fully buy into the science of it either though ..

11. Tony Phylactou

Tony Phylactou Member

Tinnitus Since:
      sept 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Cement factory noise lowT,then stress high T
      I had 6 sessions, nothing happened, so I stopped, I wasted my money.

• Like Like x 1
    12. Lilah
      Mellow

Lilah Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      @Grainbuzz and everyone for whom accupuncture was successful, where did the Accupuncturist stick the needles? Did they manually stick the needles or use the pen/or machine. Also, do you have any TMJ symptoms (T getting louder when yawning or moving jaw, etc.)? Thanks.

13. ronster

ronster Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I tried it and it did not work for me.

14. Drone Draper
      Jaded

Drone Draper Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      NIHL, ETD and work stress
      I spent £34 and I got some pins and a nice massage out of it. lol

15. Striveon

Striveon Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Any clinic with Beamer machine? What does it do?? How is it?

16. Lilah
      Mellow

Lilah Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I've been to the acupuncturist twice...first time my ringing went down a lot for the evening and the morning after. The second time, I had a very loud day to begin with and the ringing went to a very high pitch (still loud). The acupuncturist told me I need 12 sessions before I notice any difference...The sessions are only 30 minutes. He stuck a pin on each wrist (on top), on the top of my head, and about four around each of my ears. He comes in every 10 minutes to push in the needles. Is 3o minutes a bit too short? Did you have ups and downs when you went for your sessions? How do you know if the acupuncture is working? Since I have fleeting T, I can't tell if the sessions would have made an impact.

17. Lane

Lane Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Single 25 mg dose of (anticholinergic) drug Promethazine
      From my acupuncture experience(s), I would say that is too short. You may want to consider asking if you could go longer (w/o any extra charge).

18. Ivan2475

Ivan2475 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      December 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Either citopram or stress and anxiety
      Hi

I know it’s a bit late, but how did the acupuncture go?

My tinnitus is from exactly the same as you, stress or Citalopram and I am trying acupuncture tomorrow.

Thank you

19. Ivan2475

Ivan2475 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      December 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:

20. Ivan2475

Ivan2475 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      December 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      That’s great, I’m starting tomorrow.

What caused your tinnitus?

Thank you

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    21. Lilah
      Mellow

Lilah Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      After 5 sessions, I stopped acupuncture. I still think acupuncture could work, but I think I had the wrong person. My sessions were 20 to 30 minutes, and the acupuncturist only put 2 to 3 needles in each ear, without precision it seemed to me. He also put needles in my wrist and forehead, and sometimes on my head. I had immediate relief during the first session, but for the following sessions I had spikes. By the 4th session, I was experiencing fleeting T and no improvement. He did say I need a minimum of 12 sessions, anyway I think there are better acupuncturists.

• Like Like x 1