Acute Tinnitus — Does It Go Away?

Discussion in 'Support' started by MarmiteKFC, Jul 21, 2016.

1. MarmiteKFC
      Amused

MarmiteKFC Member

Tinnitus Since:
      ????
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unkown
      So if you have acute tinnitus does it go away over time? Because I might have tinnitus from my dance class due to loud music. Will it go away over time I am just wondering.

2. Steve
      Creative

Steve Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Flu, Noise-induced, Jaw trauma
      Hi.

Acute is just a way of describing it in the early stages (generally having it less than 3 months).

Tinnitus is a sign of hearing damage so you should take it as a warning not to expose your ears to noise like that. It isn't something that should scare you as for the overwhelming majority it fades out a day or two after.

It's worth mentioning this to the people that run the class and seeing if they can keep the noise down, not cool that they are harming people. It's far too loud if your ears ring afterwards.

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      MarmiteKFC
      Amused

MarmiteKFC Member

Tinnitus Since:
      ????
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unkown
      Thanks man I am 14, and I have bhangra lessons. I believe they are ringing due to the loud music and I am planning to go to the doctor for my hearing. Also, should I stop wearing my headphones, I don't play at loud music only at 50 and below. It also happens only in my right ear, but still should I stop wearing them all together? Its been 2-3 days before it happened.

4. Hopeful1
      Depressed

Hopeful1 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Music
      Yes, stop music for now and good to do in future as well.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      MarmiteKFC
      Amused

MarmiteKFC Member

Tinnitus Since:
      ????
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unkown
      Thank you, should I go to the doctor too.

6. Steve
      Creative

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Definitely give your ears a rest for a bit, best to not play anything at much volume and try to keep away from loud spaces until the tinnitus goes.

As long as you're sensible your ears will be fine, it's the loud stuff that you need to avoid, especially avoid loud when its earphones / headphones.

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      MarmiteKFC
      Amused

MarmiteKFC Member

Tinnitus Since:
      ????
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unkown
      Thanks guys, and this is one last question. This is stupid, but can I use my headphones if its low volume. Like when I use the headphones I put them on my head and only on my left ear.

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      MarmiteKFC
      Amused

MarmiteKFC Member

Tinnitus Since:
      ????
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unkown
      Also should I also avoid my computer and my tv? What can I do for entertainment, can I still use my computer and my headphones if its low volume?

9. Steve
      Creative

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I don't think you need to avoid things like that. Avoid loud noise for sure but normal noise levels are absolutely fine.

I still use headphones but I keep them at a lower volume. I use open-backed because they feel nicer and more realistic to me but it's a matter of choice. For things like TV if you feel you have to raise your voice to be heard then that's a good indicator that it's too loud. For headphones, if they are closed back then it depends on how much they isolate the outside sounds, the same principle kind of applies that if you are raising your voice it's too loud but sometimes headphones block so much external sound that you feel like doing that even with no volume.

10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      MarmiteKFC
      Amused

MarmiteKFC Member

Tinnitus Since:
      ????
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unkown
      It's been more than 2 days after is it still an issue? I went to the hospital and they said that it will go in1-2 weeks.

11. Steve
      Creative

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Just trust in it going. There is a high chance that it will. Be kind to your ears and don't plug them to try to listen for the tinnitus, don't focus on wondering if it's still there when you can't hear it - that's the best you can do.

If it doesn't go you can cross that bridge when you get to it.

• Like Like x 1
    12. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      MarmiteKFC
      Amused

MarmiteKFC Member

Tinnitus Since:
      ????
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unkown
      Alrght thanks.