Adrenal Fatigue and Stress

Discussion in 'Support' started by SDroses, Jun 28, 2017.

1. SDroses

SDroses Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hello all,

I posted recently about an onset of tinnitus (low, variable hum that sounds like a spaceship, lawnmower, or at it's worst, car alarms). I've been running the whole gamut to figure out if it's Eustachian tube dysfunction/allergies, Meniere's, viral labyrinthitis, sudden hearing loss, anxiety/depression and have tried a myriad of medications and supplements. One of the biggest outliers from Meniere's and labyrinthitis is the fact that while I am experiencing dizziness (and extreme fatigue) ... it isn't quite vertigo where the room spins, although that has happened maybe once or twice.

I am beginning a brief leave from work and have noticed a correlation between work-related stress and the intensity of my symptoms, as well as consistently low blood pressure (99-110 over 66-74). I am beginning to believe that some type of stress induced adrenal fatigue is the problem, but I know that this is widely dismissed by most doctors. Even the brief periods of rest I've had from my intensely stressful job have shown a marke improvement.

Has anyone else experienced this? What are the best ways to speed recovery (aside from the obvious quitting work and moving to an island, don't we all wish)....

2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Tinnitus can cause fateague and Menieres symptoms on top takes as much out of you as a seasure and fateague and need to rest up and go at your own pace.
      Depression can cause fateague so keep an eye on your mood and maybe have your blood tested also.
      Love glynis

• Like Like x 1
    3. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      I think tinnitus can just bring out our raw emotions and after that many things are possible...

4. Ambassador
      Cool

Ambassador Member

Tinnitus Since:
      June 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      High frequency hearing loss and lifetime noise exposure
      I agree, work related stress raises my tinnitus.