Advice from Experienced Please

Discussion in 'Support' started by smith, Feb 21, 2017.

1. smith

smith Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/17
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Hello
      I have previously posted about getting tinnitus out of the blue at 36 weeks pregnant. Four weeks later and it's still here. I'm on a roller coaster ... I have seen many doctors and embarrassingly have to be monitored by a mental health team now (never had mental health issues before). I am on mirtazapine to help sleep and lift mood ... just upped from 15 to 30 as apparently only a sleep aid at 15.

I have been racking my brains as to why this has happened and have thought of some possible causes which I wondered if those with experience could comment on.

1. Pregnancy in general.

2. I suffered with anxiety in the pregnancy along with severe digestive issues. I could barely eat due to pain and was severely constipated. My sleep suffered and I went weeks with barely 4 hrs a night.

3. I broke a filling on a tooth days before the ringing started. The tooth is mainly all filling anyway. Dentist has suggested previously that this would likely need complete removal. This filling is on the left hand side and the ringing started on the left (though now on both sides).

4. I painfully cricked the left side of my neck prior to the ringing. This could even have been on the night the ringing started but certainly was very close to it.

5. I took baby aspirin throughout my pregnancy until 35 weeks (75mg). Advised due to my mum having blood pressure issues in her pregnancy.

6. My dog had started doing an awful high pitch bark a couple of weeks before ringing. Our house alarm went off loud two months prior to ringing.

So these are my ideas ... I really would appreciate any views or advice. I don't appear to have hearing loss or physical ear problems.

I have noticed that high sugar seems to aggravate my tinnitus. I have had awful nights which I think are linked to sugar before bed.

I have broken my same filling again so am back to the dentist this week where I plan to discuss the tinnitis with her.

I have booked a cranial osteopath for muscle neck issues etc.

I really appreciate any advice as am really struggling.

Thanks and wishing you all well.

2. Candy

Candy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unidentified
      Very hard to tell, find myself with a similarly long list, part of the frustration...however wasn't pregnant.

Pregnancy seems the most likely culpurate...would wait for hormones to settle and see if it improves.
      CBT is a great life skill, would encourage you to get some for the anxiety. Where are you from, in the UK not easy to access but given you've just had a baby Should be quicker. Happy to have a phone chat if you ever need one.

Enjoy your baby, I have two little ones and they are my most powerful medicine. X

3. Jkph75

Jkph75 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/27/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      Mine started after I gave birth. I think the epidural or just pregnancy itself injured my ears. Then, I was also really stressed hadn't slept for days. I had no clue this could even happen.

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      smith

smith Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/17
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      How long ago was that? Do you still have?