After 2 Years It's Almost Gone

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by JoelJayBheringer, Dec 2, 2015.

1. JoelJayBheringer

JoelJayBheringer Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2014
      Woke up one summer morning early 2014 and noticed I could hear a noise similar to when I clenched my jaw quite hard. After 3 months it had gotten to the point where I was doing some really crazy stuff to get rid of it and my life began to be overcome with T related activities and thoughts. Now I go days without noticing it and when I do it isn't the the only thing my mind can focus on anymore. Still there at times but not the sleep destroying life sucking parasite it was. I didn't do anything differently it's just kind of stopped and it's been months, I get the occasional bout in the left ear and nothing like the intensity when it started. Before you do anything drastic like take a hammer to your own skull (we've all considered it) give it some time and it might get better.

• Like Like x 10
      • Hug Hug x 3
      • Winner Winner x 1
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    2. Ecip

Ecip Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Still unknown... possibly noise exposure?
      Interesting.

3. arctic loon
      Dreaming

arctic loon Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud music
      Amazing, thanks for sharing your story! Do you have any idea what caused your tinnitus?

4. RaZaH
      Cheeky

RaZaH Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      2012/04
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo + loud noise
      Happy for you ! :)

5. Sailboardman
      Frustrated

Sailboardman Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/21/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sensorineural hearing loss right ear.
      Hope it goes away completely for you! You may be one of the lucky ones?

6. Spizaex
      Confused

Spizaex Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2011 (Had it for three months), 11/2015
      Funny... In 2011, after a flu, I've woken up with a terrible T. It was LOUD. I've got voluntary eustachian tube opening, and when I sneezed once, I '''accidentally' opened them... I've spent a week with a loud noise in one of my ears.

The loud noise eventually completely subsidized, but THIS noise stayed. The noise of a quiet room, where you don't know if it is normal ambient sound, or something in your head, or something you always heard. Only way I could explain it was the low noise of old tube TVs, same noise that some hear when clenching jaws. You don't quite hear it, but feel it. Well, eventually this noise went away too... I mean, I don't know if I still could hear it, but I simply forgot about it to the point of remembering T as a thing from the past, while still feeling this noise sometimes. I even thought of writing here, that I've got ridden from that, but dem feels of just seeing the tinnitustalk.com address... Not good. Now I see the importance of writing here back!!!

Thing is, I've never endured loud sounds. Have been to nightclubs and concerts 4 times in my life. Now, past month I've been to the movies and remembered the movie was a little too loud... Came back home and went to sleep. Woke up the next day with this "sensation", and with my jaw very sore, but I am not convinced the loud sound was the reason (I am passing through a stressful moment in my life too). Also, not once I woke up after sleeping in a awkward position with clear T in one of my ears. T would stay for like 30 long minutes, and would disappear. But was that loud T, and I would know it was my neck position...

But after waking up this day, with this new "sensation", I immediately remembered those dreadful days and thought to myself...

"Damn, got the T for real, or not, what the hell is this, is this sound?"

However, it is not simply a white noise in one of your ears. It is something buzzing and pressuring inside your head. Also, never experienced ear fullness and I also don't have apparent hearing loss... Tube tvs and high frequencies annoy me a lot!! Neck and head pressure can modulate it, but clenching or moving can make it real LOUD. Also, sometimes, I notice it is pulsating somehow.

Thing is, the T I ''feel'' now seems completely different from that T which I could "hear". This one seems mild, yet sometimes don't. I have no idea how to explain it... Just that it annoys the hell out of me. Sounds like an imaginary high frequency drill in my brain.

Anyhow, just wrote coz you were the only one I saw here which described your T as the clenching sound... So, was yours noise induced or not at all???

• Agree Agree x 1
    7. John Meyers
      Artistic

John Meyers Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Just One (1) Loud Rock Concert!
      Thanks Joel. -- I'm getting to the ignore phase and getting on with my life too.. :)

8. AlecP
      Procrastinating

AlecP Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma (I think)
      This is important for all people new to tinnitus. It CAN go away even after months so don't despair :)

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    9. Cheza
      Wishful

Cheza Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Barking dogs/stress
      Sounds like you had a rather mild form of tinnitus, like maybe a slight hum or low volume whine. Glad it went away for you.

10. Eltel

Eltel Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/14
      Mine is a hummy buzz ,not overly loud most of the time but essentially unmaskable due to my brain focusing on it .Started July 2014 ,reaction generally better but a long way too go but this post proves relief can and will happen !

11. Paromita
      Cool

Paromita Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure, maybe dental and facial nerve
      So did you ever find out why this happened to you in the first place,. was it loud noise or something ?