Age-Related Hearing Loss — What Can I Expect?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Tigo, Jan 18, 2017.

1. Tigo

Tigo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2 years
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      genetic hearing loss
      What can I expect if my hearing is getting worse over time? Can tinnitus become louder?

What medicine or supplements can I take to lower the tinnitus?

2. NimQ
      Alienated

NimQ Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2011, got worse 09/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      When it comes to supplements, one of the best for me is L-carnosine. It really helps to deal with spikes and when I first started taking it, I could almost immediately feel the effect on the tone of T. Other supplements I use daily are magnesium citrate, zinc, vitamin B complex and strong (1 000 mg) vitamin C

3. GregCA
      Jaded

GregCA Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      Yes, it can, but it's not a certainty. It could remain as it is, or even soften.

If anyone knew, they'd be millionaires. Well, possibly billionaires actually.
      Some people swear about certain compounds. If you ask 20 people they'll probably tell you 20 different things.

Sorry - there just isn't anything that is known to work well for everyone. But you can try different things and see if it makes a difference for you.
      Try to stay in good health (diet, etc) and protect your hearing from loud noises.

Keep an eye on the research, as there may be a point where we can regenerate some hearing in the not so near future.

Good luck.