Allergies...

Discussion in 'Support' started by SteveSkis92, Apr 15, 2016.

1. SteveSkis92
      Dumb

SteveSkis92 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ototoxicity from Electronic Cigarettes (Propylene Glycol)
      Hey guys, just a quick question. My T and H have been increased lately for no apparent reason. I am experiencing allergy issues for the first time in my life this year though, today on my run I could barely breathe after only a mile (I run 25-30 miles a week.) My nose has been completely stuffed, particularly my Eustachian tubes, and my ears have been burning/painful on the inside. They also started cracking wayyyyy more than they have been.

Does anyone else experience an increase in T and H from allergies? My previous post was moved to the H discussion thread where literally nothing ever gets answered. I'd love to get some insight on this.

Thanks
      -Steve

2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      SteveSkis92
      Dumb

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Is there really no one at all here who has any insight what so ever into this? I don't understand, this is the third question in a row that has gone completely unanswered on this forum. Do I not sound desperate and distraught enough?

Someone makes their 15th post about how they won't try hearing aids even after being told they would be beneficial jusy because they don't look cool or whatever, they get over 100 responses. I ask three genuine questions and get zero response to all three of them.....Oh well, far from the first time I've been left alone to deal with this condition....

• Hug Hug x 1
    3. Aaron123

Aaron123 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      00/0000
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Irrelevant
    4. Jamie m
      Loved

Jamie m Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/13/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Music
      Sorry :( I don't have allergies right now since my onset

5. zombiechick
      Probing

zombiechick Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Medication and hearing loss
      We recently got snow in Colorado and it was 75 yesterday and snow storm today. I woke up with my right ear hissing very loudly. I can only assume weather and allergies.
      And I know what you mean, the strangest threads get a ton of responses.

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      SteveSkis92
      Dumb

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thanks @Aaron123 , I did go through a lot of those threads previously, most of them speak of T increases, but not necessarily H increases. My primary issue over the past 4 weeks or so has been a sudden reappearance of moderate/severe H along with serious congestion, ear pain, sporadically scratchu throat, inability to breathe, etc. My T seems to be relatively unchanged however.....really not sure what to make of it.

I do appreciate your response though!

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      SteveSkis92
      Dumb

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @Jamie m and @zombiechick thank you both for the responses. I'm in a similar boat as you zombie, when the weather fluctuates rapidly, my ear pain in particular is at its absolute worst. It's just very strange that this all seems to have happened overnight. One day I'm close to habituation to my T with little to no H, and the next day my H is back with a vengeance.....confusing to say the least, and OTC meds are doing absolutely nothing

8. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Hi @SteveSkis95,
      I have multiple allergies and suffer badly with sever asthma.
      You might find a antihistamine helpful through the pollen season but always have your breathing checked if having trouble running if you are normally ok.
      Extra mucous in your airways and sinuses can also affect your ears and back of your throat making them itch and can effect tinnitus....
      Lots of love glynis