Am I Experiencing Hyperacusis Right Now?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Hariz Nonis, Dec 1, 2018.

1. Hariz Nonis
      Loved

Hariz Nonis Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hello fellow Tinnitus Talk users. It's been a while since I visited this site. Hopefully all of you are doing well.

My tinnitus has, for the most part, gone away for the past ~18 months. I still get fleeting rings from time to time, but I realise it's mostly due to my shoulder and neck that tend to get tense from time to time.

I've also used earphones/headphones once again for the past few months(volume no more than 70%), and currently, I'm using an affordable pair of Bluetooth earphones. I mention this because yesterday, I realised that my earphones, which have a mic on the right side (also the side that suffered from tinnitus), had this ringing sound that occurs when I'm talking to someone on a call via the mic. It only seemed to happen when I was talking through the mic, so I didn't think much of it. This information could be important.

At the same time, my tense neck and shoulder, also on the right side, came back. This means I've had a few fleeting moments occur. Now I've eaten a muscle relaxant drug, like I almost always do, and the tense-ness should go away soon.

The problem I have now, is that the ringing sound from the mic that occurred yesterday is somehow still there. When I talk, or hum, the sound is heard. It is also heard when I drag a chair across the floor. It seems to come and go, so it might just be reactive tinnitus, but hyperacusis is also something that happens when you might hear certain sounds.

Does someone know exactly what is going on? Is it the earphones, my tense body, or both? I am most likely not going to use the earphones for the time being, until I am really sure what the cause might be. I really hope it is something that will go away soon.

2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Hariz Nonis
      Loved

Hariz Nonis Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hope someone reads and is able to provide.me with relevant advice.