And Now the Other Ear

Discussion in 'Support' started by i.m, May 8, 2016.

1. i.m
      Anime

i.m Member

Tinnitus Since:
      18/02/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      For me: Aspartame Poisoning. For Ent: L: TMJD / R: Dunno
      While in my left ear I was really habituaded ( and maybe the hissing was decreasing ), this friday in my right ear a new sound has appeared; actually are two sounds, like a morse code. I can hear them only in absolute silence ( normal sounds like computer fans or just birds chirping can mask these two sounds ).

The only "bad" thing was Thursday inside the normal noise of underground. According to my ENT, this sound is caused by muscle spasms. After 3 days, however, these sounds are still there.

In your opinion, should I go to my ENT again?

2. Hariz Nonis
      Loved

Hariz Nonis Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      @i.m I'm not sure if you should see your ENT soon. Do you possibly know what the cause might be? I'd probably wait another week or so, and try to figure out myself what the cause might be, and to see if it goes away.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      i.m
      Anime

i.m Member

Tinnitus Since:
      18/02/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @Hariz Nonis in you opinion three days are not enough to request a visit to the ENT?

All I know that Tuesday was the last day I took lyirica 25 and alprazolam, both ototoxic drugs, drugs that I've taken for just three weeks to sleeping and for anxiety managment. Hovewer I was improving my sleeping and anxiety and the ring was subsiding too.

Could it be my neuromuscolar splint?

4. Hariz Nonis
      Loved

Hariz Nonis Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      @i.m for me personally, if it's not too serious, I'd wait for about a week to see if it gets better. Also, if the splint has been on you for a long time, I don't see how it could only recently cause problems. Unless something went wrong.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      i.m
      Anime

i.m Member

Tinnitus Since:
      18/02/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @Hariz Nonis I am wearing my splint just for curing my T caused by TMJD and I started to wear it 3 weeks ago.

Maybe I am worrying too much :( an hissing is not a problem anymore, but a morse code, even if too low, is quite "scary" :)

• Hug Hug x 1
    6. Hariz Nonis
      Loved

Hariz Nonis Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      @i.m I understand how you feel. I am also like that. Fleeting T scares me the most, even though it is only temporary. Kinda funny if you ask me. It's really up to you if you wanna see an ENT, if you think something serious is going on.