Another Newbie from Sweden

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Naddesh, Jul 20, 2015.

1. Naddesh
      Sunshine

Naddesh Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      Hi everyone, im from Sweden, i might suck on in writing english but i am desperate for some positive or calming reponses, so here I am, fresh new with My T and i guess i have to explain how i even got it, please DONT LAUGH, and please understand why i cant accept My T at this very point. I got it when my boyfriend kissed me on the right ear, at the beginning it was like a tinnitus-attack for 10 seconds, the t was very loud and i got dizzy. Then it was a low t. 5 hours later it disappeard and i felt such a relief. Later that night i went to a cinema with My friends. Came home, nothing in my ears. Next day i Did my hair with a dryer, and when i was Done, i had T. This is 9 days in and i FEEL so Alone, tired, scared.. Will this be forever? I went to see 2 doctors and they Said it Will go away but they cant say when (of course), my ears look good but i know i have a hearing loss in the same ear (10% i guess) but i have not got it confirmed yet. Im waiting for appoinment for it. Please im here because this forum seems so positive in some way. Like, come on, a hairdryer. And a kiss. Is this the end? I havent been sleeping welll at all.Best regards, Nadin. (Sorry for my "i")

2. Tibberz
      Supportive

Tibberz Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      5 9mm Gunshots
      Welcome to TT,

I want you to know that all will be fine, it is just going to take some time. The first few days/weeks are the toughest of this ordeal but there is hope of your T going away. Nobody can look you in the eyes and say that its going away, we just dont know, its different for everyone. But in the event it doesnt go away it is still possible to live happily.

Im 3 months in and the first month and a half was the absolute worse, but once you can get your anxiety under control your mood will be much better. I still have my T currently but its not stopping me from doing anything, its just being annoying whenever I focus on it. During the beginning I could hear it 24/7 with out loosing focus on it but today I can go most of the day where I cant consciously hear it, as in I simply cant hear it unless I look for it (usually by plugging ears) or am in a very quiet room doing next to nothing. Getting here was a slow and agonizing process but things DO get better!

Myself and everyone here at TT are here to help you through this, you found a great group of people to help yourself through this troubling time. I hope your T goes away soon :)

• Like Like x 2
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Naddesh
      Sunshine

Naddesh Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      Thank u Tibberz for ur answer! Today i didnt notice the T so much at work, neither do i hear it when im outside so much. I feel so calm those moments, but as soon i come home, ill hear it all the time. Maybe im just "asking for it", by that i mean try to listen if its still there. I have a lot of hope sometimes but i feel so new with this, so sometimes im at zero in the habitution-progress. Its so hard. Do you all sleep with calm music? Before my TT i needed to sleep with total silance. Maybe Thats why i have such hard time with this.

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Naddesh
      Sunshine

Naddesh Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      Does flying make it worse? And can i work out as usual? So scared of doing more mistakes

5. Tibberz
      Supportive

Tibberz Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      5 9mm Gunshots
      In the beginning I used to use masking noises to help me sleep, over time I have been able to learn not to use them. It's important to try not to see if its still there. The less you look for it the less you notice it :) At least thats how it has worked for me. As for flying and working out, I wouldnt be too worried about it. Flying may cause some discomfort of the ears (everyone gets this) and may temporarily cause a spike, but the spikes usually drop back down. Working out you should have nothing to fear other than getting tired, which makes sleeping with the noise much easier. I find I sleep the best when im physically exhausted.

6. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Welcome @Naddesh. Tibberz has given excellent advice. So I can only add my experience to hopefully help you calm a bit. "Is this the end?", definitely and positively not. When my T started, I had the same question. I have ultra high pitch dog whistle T plus severe hyperacusis plus relentless anxiety and panic attacks (due to prior condition of anxiety and panic disorders). So my sufferings were immense having to deal with so many alien, hurtful and never ending bad sensations. I seriously doubted if I could survive this. Members before me reassured me that all will be well over time and especially with some helpful strategies. Now I know they tell the trouth. There is much to life still even after T. I now live an absolutely enjoyable life, normal and productive. So don't worry and don't panic.

As for flying, that is probably the least to concern. Yes, people after T can fly. I have flown may long inter-continental, trans-pacific flights since T. Just take precaution such as bring ear plugs (earplane type) and nasal spray just in case of having plug nose which prevents the Eustachian Tube from balancing the barometric pressure. You can type flying as search on TT and you will get many posts on the subject. If anything, this member shows with wonderful photos of his travelling around the world after T:

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/who-said-our-life-is-all-about-tinnitus-i-share-with-you-some-pictures-i-took-after.3268/

Also, your T being so new, it may fade, disappear. Try to be positive because anxiety and stress are bad for T. You may want to see the doctor/ENT asap to get a course of prednisone as your T is new and probably due to acoustic trauma. Take good care & God bless your recovery.

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Naddesh
      Sunshine

Naddesh Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      Im so concerned, my T changed sound to a more softer sound, its not the "plates get smashed" anymore. Also my brain is playing with me, i swear it switched off the T for just one second. What does this mean??? Ive Been using nasonex which seems to lower my T. Even tho my T is noice induced, its seem be a question about pressure. So confused. Two weeks in

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Naddesh
      Sunshine

Naddesh Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      I Also get a plenty of sleep, even tho my T is there. I eat magnesium, zink and vitamin c. Also food which contains this. I kinda feel like myself already but a bit worried, Will it go or stay? Im flying to London next week and scared to fuck up my recovery. Btw, my doctor told me a got some fluid behind my ear drum, can this be the reason why my ear got so sensitive about noice, pressure?