Another Spike or Tinnitus Got Worse

Discussion in 'Support' started by marc 1974 london, Sep 20, 2018.

1. marc 1974 london

marc 1974 london Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise i think ? stress
      Well I’m here again.

37 years of tinnitus, ripe old age of 44 normally cope with CBT, had spikes a few times.

Not coping this time around but in general 37 years has had better moments...

This new episode is something else, went to a wedding. It was sort of loud. Stood best I could away from speakers & left quite early. It’s been a week of hell...

Just got diazepam from docs as I can’t sleep, it’s so loud, my whole head is just screaming...

So I need to get back on a level, a bit of reading advice to put my head in a nice place then move to habituated again hopefully.

I have sound machine, all the tools I should need but can’t cope, it’s trashed me this time round...

Do we mask with sound? Take drugs? Ermmm bit lost at the moment, I’ve been a good advice giver for a while. Now I’m on a back foot by a mile.

I even told the doctor I can’t cope & have had dark thoughts of death, that’s extreme and awful but real so wasn’t going to deny it...

Adious

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      @marc 1974 london,

Sorry to hear your having a really tough time.
      I know you have had it many years and I'm sure your all geared up with all their is to know up to-date.

Relaxation ,breathing techniques, relaxing music,sleeping and eating well play a big part in coping well and having good support around you.

Do you get chance to talk to people about your tinnitus? or do you keep it to yourself?
      love glynis

• Like Like x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      marc 1974 london

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise i think ? stress
      I talk no one understands it, it’s acknowledged but unless it’s in your head I don’t think you can imagine what it’s like.

Feel sorry for Mrs I’m so useless at mo

Diazepam has made me feel less anxiety but they are too strong to feel human

That’s what’s missing is the support around me, people wrongly assume just get on with it, ignore it etc

4. Smartone202

Smartone202 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Very low since2004/Went haywire in 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise in 04/Wedding dance floor and flying(?) in 18
      Marc I'm sorry to hear you are struggling. I can relate as my super spike that brought me to these forums began the night of a wedding. You'd think it was an EDM nightclub full of twenty somethings that's how loud this DJ was. Ridiculous. Others at my table agreed. Anyway whats done is done and I spent a little too long on the dance floor.

If you've dealt with this for 37 years then you have my sympathy and my respect, too. Wow. Have you ever considered a masking aid/device? They are super small today. Also, the Susan Shore treatment is starting trials shortly from what I understand. Some form of help might not be too far down the road IMO.

• Like Like x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      marc 1974 london

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise i think ? stress
      @Smartone202 how long did your super spike last?
      I’m only a week in so I expect a few, you always get this anxiety of this is it can’t cope like this forever going round your head..
      Mad how anxiety & depression jumps on tinnitus so quickly

6. Smartone202

Smartone202 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Very low since2004/Went haywire in 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise in 04/Wedding dance floor and flying(?) in 18
      It's still ongoing. The music at the wedding aggravated my 14 year near silent T and has brought me back into this world. Still somewhat optimistic that in the coming months it will subside, but who knows.