Antibiotics Walking Pneumonia

Discussion in 'Support' started by Zwraven, May 17, 2016.

1. Zwraven

Zwraven Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Viral Auditory Nerve Damage
      My wife has been diagnosed with Walking Pneumonia, and I'm pretty sure she has passed it to me. I may need an antibiotic, but for this penicillin doesn't do it. Azithromycin seems like the only choice, it is not an Aminoglycoside even though it has the mycin ending. It's a Zpak if anyone knows what that is. I may be able to just get through it as many people go undiagnosed and think they just have a long cold or flu. Idk what to do, I knew this day would come and lucky me I can't take Penicillin or Keflex for it. Anyone had any experience with having to take a strong antibiotic?

2. Marie79

Marie79 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/1/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      You would need to go get your lungs x-rayed. Can you have a dr diagnose? Also don't try to get through it. People die from pneumonia all the time. I had it last summer and tried to get through it and I ended up in bed for over a week barely being able to walk. I had to take levaquin which is VERY strong. That was before I had tinnitus though. I would ask for another one if you have tinnitus.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Zwraven

Zwraven Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Viral Auditory Nerve Damage
      This is Myoplasmic pnemonia which most people who get don't even realize they have, the very very weakest kind. That's why people can walk around with it. My PCP says with this kind and my T, H and multiple med sensitivities she wasn't to wait until I show more symptoms. I was just asking what kind if I needed to. Flox antibiotics there is no way I could tolerate. Really all the heaven hitters are ototoxic almost. It sucks.