Anxiety from Tinnitus: Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Kazue, Oct 20, 2016.

tinnitus forum
    1. Kazue

Kazue Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/19/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Okay, I think unnecessary antibiotics made my serotonin levels very low. I received antibiotics from an suspected infection in my ear, when I first got T. Afterwards, I started getting anxiety attacks and worrying a lot more. I've been constipated and have a loss of appetite as well, which is unusual.

Tinnitus never did make me scared at first, until I got on those antibiotics. Now I'm extermely paranoid and thinking about the what ifs. Never was a worry wart unless something was genuinely wrong. I refuse to take antidepressants because they are addictive and I'm fed up with the pharmaceutical industry right now.

Anyone know what can naturally make my serotonin levels high because I'm tired of being on the edge?

I'm tired of worrying all the time. I can't help it though, it's like unconscious decision.

After doing research because I'm freaking tired of being depressed, I came up with probiotics, St John Wort, and Frankneise(?) Oil. Magnesium and Zinc are on my list as well. I eat little vitamin gummy bears but those don't help.

2. JasonP

JasonP Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2006
      You could take 5-HTP for serotonin but that might not be what's wrong. Magnesium might be a good thing to try as well as probiotics. Passion Flower plus Valerian root might help with anxiety but don't take it long term.

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. Kazue

Kazue Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/19/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Thanks. I will be looking into 5-HTP and Valerian root.

4. JasonP

JasonP Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2006
      No problem but just be careful. It can be bad if you take too much.

5. glynis-harbron
      Feminine

glynis-harbron Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Ambassador Team Awareness Team Research

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Keep active can help.
      Even though can feel worn out going the gym can give you a feel good factor.
      See your doctor though if find your mood lower most days .....lots of love glynis

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    6. Kazue

Kazue Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/19/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      All my doctors is going to do is supply antidepressants. Those pills are horrible and have bad side effects.

7. DebInAustralia

DebInAustralia Member Benefactor Team Research

Tinnitus Since:
      30/12/13
      Inositol ..

8. MikeP505
      Curious

MikeP505 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Punishment for being so darn good looking!
      Mix 4 oz of Jack Daniels with 4oz of coca cola, add ice, drink.

Oh wait, your too young........ mix 4 oz of water with a slice of fresh lemon, add ice and call me in the morning.

• Funny Funny x 5
    9. tinnitube
      Supportive

tinnitube Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2105
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      damn virus
      excercice is proven to get serotonin and in general all neurotransmitters up .