Any Advice for Possible Lack of Blood Flow to Ear?

Discussion in 'Support' started by kfog, Dec 1, 2017.

1. kfog

kfog Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      basketball/cardio? Unknown
      My Tinnitus and Hearing loss started about 4 weeks ago after an intense round of Basketball. I had a high level of tinnitus and hearing loss as well as ear fullness immediately after that was slightly improved over the next few days but still remains.

I'm certain this activity was the cause but gave me nearly the same symptoms as noise induced hearing loss.

I'm having trouble finding any similar cases as I wait to schedule an appointment with an ENT which could be weeks away. I am now forced to live with this moderate tinnitus while working 10 hour days in a warehouse. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

ENT appointment scheduled for Jan 9...... Hopefully I'm not completely deaf in that ear by then.

2. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      To increase blood flow to your ear you can try Ginkgo Biloba (I think this is what it does), as well as Piracetam and trivestal. The latter two might not be available in North American, but you might be able to get them online.
      Protect your ears from even mild noise like that of a vacuum cleaner.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    3. GregCA
      Jaded

GregCA Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      I recommend you to see a doc as soon as possible.

I wouldn't consider that to be "as soon as possible". You've already let 4 weeks go by. For many hearing loss treatments, time is of the essence.

• Agree Agree x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      kfog

kfog Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I agree. I have been calling many different ENT offices in my area. Most have told me I need a doctor referral and the rest only have appointments in January. I have a GP appointment on Dec 14 but I'm not sure what help they could provide.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      kfog

kfog Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I will try this. Thank you.

• Like Like x 1