Any Comments About Paxil?

Discussion in 'Support' started by James, Feb 27, 2016.

tinnitus forum
    1. James
      No Mood

James Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Pulsing 03/2013

I know there is more on the search function about Paxil I need to review.
      Just thought I'd ask if anyone has good/bad results using Paxil, or Paroxetine.

I have been using a low dose of Elavil or Amitriptyline but my doctor suggested I change and try the Paxil.
      Actually I feel apprehensive about any increase in T, kind of feel scared to take any new medication.
      Would it be best to stop any antidepressants altogether? Still have T and worry about a good night sleep.
    2. glynis-harbron

glynis-harbron Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Ambassador Team Awareness Team Research

England, Stoke-on-Trent
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      If stop Amitryptaline make sure you do a slow taper as the side effects are not nice at all.
      You could ask for a slow release antidepressant as side effects are better.
      ......lots of love glynis
    3. AnxiousJon

AnxiousJon Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Anxiety, Insomnia, and a Fan at Night
      @glynis-harbron Your bunny is looking great glynis

I'm on Paxil; easily feel better than I have in the whole of the 3 decades of my life. In the transition between medications you will probably feel much worse as your serotonin level is being tampered with. I felt worse for a few weeks when I was on it. You'll probably want something to help you out during this time of change; something gentle like L-theanine or someting powerful like Klonopin.
      • Like Like x 1
    4. Nana99

Nana99 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Don't know if you're still Cking this forum, but ran across this today. As a 20mg Paxil user for 16 yrs I can tell you it has been a blessing in my life. I do remember the first couple wks as being iffy, but was given Xanax to take til full effect of Paxil kicked in. I was having panic attacks and anxiety and Paxil has helped me tremendously! I have tried to go off two or three times, but the ensuing negative effects aren't worth it for me. I recently (stupidly) missed a couple days and the tinnitus really kicked into high gear which of course brought on anxiety. Have taken a Xanax once a day for the past 4 until Paxil level settles in again. Yes I've had weight gain, but not su much that I can't enjoy life! I pray you're doing well!!