Any Ear Plug Recommendations?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Michael R, Aug 17, 2015.

1. Michael R
      Woot

Michael R Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Does anybody have any recommendations for ear plugs to use when going to the movies, going to concerts, bars etc.? Any brands? The foam earplugs cancel way to much noise and are big and bulky. I found a couple on Amazon that's gotten good reviews and are discrete which I like. Just curious what you guys use. Thanks :)

2. I use downbeats. You can get them on Amazon, they are cheap and come with a keychain carry case. I like the short stem version but both are great IMO. The only thing better will be custom plugs.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    3. Rube
      Fine

Rube Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud shit
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    4. Bertman
      No Mood

Bertman Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      concert
      I use these as well and find they are great for most loudish environments. I wouldn't go to a concert or really loud club with them but pretty much anything below that I think is fine. Plus they are about as discrete as you can find for an earplug.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    5. Rube
      Fine

Rube Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud shit
      Whichever plugs you get, please make sure that you clean them (along with their case) with soap and warm water as much as you can. You don't really want to give yourself an ear infection, I think a lot of people over look this. Depending on how much I use them, I try to clean my plugs once a week with no adverse affects. I use regular hand soap with warm water.

• Like Like x 1
    6. Andrey

Andrey Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2015
      Is there ANY evidence to back it up? At least some article?
      Thank you

7. Rube
      Fine

Rube Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud shit
      @Andrey I guess I just Dont like the idea of sticking dirty plugs in my ears. And yes they do get dirty after a while. Whether it leads to an infection or not, I'd rather not find out. With my ears I tend to err on the side of caution.......hence why I have the ear plugs in the first place.

8. SickoMicko
      Arsewit

SickoMicko Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/02/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection or the medication to cure it.
      I bought several brands of ear plugs, but the ones I found that seemed to block out the annoying frequencies while still allowing me to hear well enough to carry on conversations are called V-Moda. They don't look like conventional ear plugs, but they are still fairly hard to spot. The cost is very reasonable $15.00 a pair. Anytime I go out for anything I've got them on me. And my wife carries a pair in her purse just encase I forgot mine (which I normally don't). Good luck. SickMick