Any Idea of Why My Ears Are Wet?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Striveon, Sep 22, 2018.

1. Striveon

Striveon Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi, my ears are always always wet.

3 weeks before getting tinnitus, I had so much fluid, it was crazy.

I told my ENT I have fluid in my ear and he said it's okay, not that much of a problem.

I went to my hearing aid doctor and she said woah that's not normal, your ears are supposed to be dry.

I went to my primary doctor and he said that's not normal and you have hearing aids so it's easier for bacteria to build up since you're always going in and out with your hearing aid.

He gave me ear drops because he noticed a bit of redness. I haven't put the ear drops because he said it's slightly red so I don't know what to do.

He gave me Ciprodex ear drops, my ears aren't perforated.

I had my CT scan for sinus and liquid in my ear.

Results should be in in a few days.

Does anyone have an idea why my ears may be wet?

It's not sweat by the way.

Also, I don't want to take the ear drops till I make sure I have an infection or something when the results are in.

What do you guys think?

Also, he said he sees a bit of inflammation but it could be due to crying or blowing my nose.

Any advice will be nice, thank you :)

2. Ed209

Ed209 Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      Do you rub or scratch your ear canals with a finger or any other object? If so, doing this can stimulate wax production which will make your ear canal feel wet. Just a thought. However, if you don't touch your ears then I have no idea.

EDIT: it may just be that you naturally produce more wax. Wax is wet when it’s fresh.

• Informative Informative x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Striveon

Striveon Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I only dry my ears when I get out of the shower.

Other than that, only my hearing aids are touching my ears but the hearing aid doctor said it's not normal, it shouldn't be getting wet unless I'm sweating.

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Striveon

Striveon Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      EDIT: it may just be that you naturally produce more wax. Wax is always wet when it’s fresh.[/QUOTE]
      Alright, I did not know that but to be honest, I never had this problem up until 3 weeks before tinnitus, it was crazy amount of fluid. But thank you, I appreciate you helping me out :)

5. Ed209

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      If a Dr has seen you then go with their professional opinion.

I don’t have first hand knowledge of how wet you’re talking or what it looks like. Are you sure it’s not moisture from the shower trapped behind your hearing aid when you put it in?

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Striveon

Striveon Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      After my shower, I dry my ears with a cloth and do not put my hearing aids in till the next morning because I don't want to mess up my hearing aids and for them to stop working. I'm very careful with that.

• Winner Winner x 1
    7. Dana
      Busy

Dana Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Multi-factorial
      You have otitis with effusion (the wet is the effusion), which most likely also is the cause of your tinnitus.
      Look it up.
      I may be wrong, but this is my opionion.

• Informative Informative x 1
    8. Ed209

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      Ear infections are easy to diagnose so I assumed it couldn’t be that since none of the Drs she saw diagnosed it.

9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Striveon

Striveon Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      The urgent care doctor said he sees an infection deep in the middle ear but can't quite see it well because he doesn't have the instrument to see in the middle ear. & the primary doctor said he sees redness and some inflammation deep but can't quite see. My ENT checked and saw fluid. What sucks is they can't see deep in.
      Edit: even in the emergency room, they noticed deep inside an infection but couldn't see well and he just sent me home because "they only treat emergencies" sucks they couldn't help since it's a hospital...

10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Striveon

Striveon Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I saw it says can be from cold sore throat? I had cold sores in my mouth, many of them when I first got tinnitus and I notice I'm still somewhat sick because my whole family got the flu.

11. Ed209

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      In that case it’s a clear cut infection.

12. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Striveon

Striveon Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      In the case if it is an infection, is it bad to wait a while? I'm waiting for the authorization to the LA of ear institute because they can check deep in my ear... I don't know what to do, I don't want to make things worse if it is an infection...