Any Ideas? Someone Please Give Me a Theory

Discussion in 'Support' started by GeorgiaRose1812, Nov 6, 2017.

1. GeorgiaRose1812

GeorgiaRose1812 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      September 7th 201&
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Came on with tonsillitis, unknown
      I’ve found many threads that have similar stories to me but none with the same, and after months of scouring this forum and every medical website I can access I know this is a condition with little knowledge but if anyone has any ideas please tell me.

My tinnitus:
      - came on 7th Sept with a bout of Tonsillitis which I was given penicillin for, antibiotics had no noticeable effect on T
      - nothing loud within 3/4 days of onset
      - ringing baseline has got substantially better since onset, was unbearable the first two weeks and had me in tears
      - now is a high pitched hissing with occasional constant tone in right ear and sound like someone running their finger round a wine glass in left, but not constant, objectively much worse before sleep when lying down
      - if I go to a loud event like a party with alcohol and just talk to people I get a high pitched ringing after, if one with music even minimal I get a low pitched buzzing and head vibration
      - amount of alcohol does seem to make a difference
      -crackling and popping when I swallow or yawn, sometimes this seems to clear but not others
      - stiff feeling jaw and cracking neck
      - had fluid in my ears but this has drained, five doctors and one ENT have told me it will settle down and not to worry but I’m believing them less and less
      - very traumatic year, can go into it if necessary but don’t think it is
      - sometimes autophonic whooshing sound in left ear, and jaw cracks with it
      - can feel when noise is going to cause an issue, as if someone is pouring noise into my ear and my brain makes the ringing later when it’s trying to sort through it all
      - occasional deep pain inside ears

Somebody please give me a theory - I don’t care what it is or what your qualifications are, any ideas welcome!!! I Ann coping but it’s hard

2. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      No two cases of tinnitus are the same. It's not always the sound that causes the spikes or tinnitus. Your stress/anxiety also plays a huge role in spikes and tinnitus. Having full ears or clogged ears, seems to happen a lot as well. I feel like my ears are full at times and i go see a DR if its really bad.

It takes, time to get a grip on this matter. It took me time too and i was always talking things out with family and gaining support.

My formula for tinnitus =

Time + Support + Relaxation/Distraction

Time = it will take time to handle this and adjust/cope

support = gain it as much as you can, this forum can help too

relaxation/distraction = Very very important and been a great help to me, for almost 3 decades

Be well...

• Helpful Helpful x 2
      • Winner Winner x 1
    3. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      What about one-two weeks before the onset? My T began 10 days after my acoustic trauma.
      A very good sign.
      My theory is that the use of headphones and the exposure to loud music over the past ten years had caught up with you.

4. Leodavinci
      Bookworm

Leodavinci Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      6/26/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Idiopathic + Sudden hearing loss
      Onset of tonsilitus or Tinnitus? Need many more specifics including history of loud noise exposure, current and past audiograms. Go through the research and make sure your taking a quality multivitamin, at least 300mg of magnesium, 100% RDA of zinc and 2-4000IU of vitamin d3. This nutritional insurance can't hurt you and it may help your ears heal.

• Helpful Helpful x 1