Anybody Else Have These Symptoms?? Anybody???

Discussion in 'Support' started by Paromita, Jul 12, 2016.

1. Paromita
      Cool

Paromita Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure, maybe dental and facial nerve
      Hello,

My T is driving me nuts!!! I cannot understand the cause for my T....but I do know its related to whats happening to the left side of my face.

If anybody out here has the same symptoms, please please reach out to me -

(1) I had 3 abscessed tooth on my lower left, and some tingling and numbness on my nose going upto my left temple.

(2) My T started abruptly one day just after these three teeth were inflamed and I was under lots of stress.
      The tooth were pulled out by my maxofacial surgeon after that. But the T stayed.

(3) 3 ENTs have told me I do not have hearing loss.

(4) I have burning tongue on the left of my mouth inside and also burning cheek, specially towards the upper jaw from where the pulled out. I feel my jaw is also inflammed at times from inside.

(5) Occasional numbness and tingling on my nose, slight pain on my left temple

(6) Shoulder and neck pain.

(7) I sometimes bite on my tongue and my bite does feel a bit off...I can open my jaws wide but do hear a popping sound when I do so...my other ear feels full at times....and I feel more mucus in my nose...

(8) The only thing that helps my T is Valium 2.5mg taken at night, it quietens it down.

I am CONFUSED AS TO WHETHER ITS TMJ OR NERVE DAMAGE....I feel my T is related to this issue as on the days I touch the left side of my mouth, or press my left cheek, my T goes crazy high.

If anybody else had these symptoms, please message me...I am beginning to feel really hopeless about this.

I have visited a neurologist, a dentist, a facial surgeon and nobody is helping me out wit these symptoms...:(

Thanks for reading, Mita

2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Hi Mita,
      It sounds like maybe one or two things could be the cause.
      TMJ does seem to be one of them but this might settle down as your bite settles and maybe a nerve problem from the needles and should settle down also.
      I recently had 4 side teeth out and a partial denture and having a couple of basic problems as my jaw and bite get use to the denture.
      Face ache and pressure in my temple also but know it will settle as my jaw settles.
      Hope you're settles soon Mita....lots of love glynis

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Paromita
      Cool

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thanks Glynis! You are the sweetest thing on this planet....I am just frustrated today...my T was very quiet yesterday but today it s a beast! And of course the nose nerve tingling and tongue burning has returned as well :(

I cannot understand why this happens....the nuerologist I visited wont give me medicine for nerve damage, he wants a MRI with constrast...and I do not want to do it...so really stuck :( I dont know which doctor to goto for help with my facial pain....I am visiting a dentist day after tom, lets hope this chap listens to me and gets something....

What is the best method to find out whats going on with my jaws and temples...? What kind of imaging ? MRI ?

Thanks, Mita

4. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      MRI or with dye....lots of love glynis

5. erniej
      Sporty

erniej Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I don't know
      Be careful with the Valium. I started back in 1991 with .5MGs of Xanax as needed for tinnitus. I read somewhere where some idiot said that I needed to take it every day to keep a constant supply in my system to treat tinnitus. Over the years worked my way up to 8MGs daily. Started a taper over a year ago. Got down to 4.75MGs daily and the shit hit the fan tinnitus wise. Tried to up dose but it was too late. Down to .75MGs of Klonopin daily now but my tinnitus is through the roof. Benzos are a slippery slope. In February this year I was in the mental health ward at Beth Israel Hospital in Boston because I didn't think I could cope with it any more. A doctor there, against my will, tapered me off of 6MGs daily of Klonopin in 12 days. I ended up in the medical building and was reinstated up to 3MGs daily. I was getting sick trying to taper off of Xanax at a rate of .5MGs A MONTH let alone .5MGs a day. My legs went numb. Still numb after 5 months.
      The whole point I'm trying to make is that they are horrible to get off of even if you are on them for only three months and you take a chance of running into a doctor that will cut you off cold turkey. I've had that happen before. I had to find a new doctor. I started using them for tinnitus and ended up needed them to get through any stressful situation.
      I know I'm being long winded and not really answering your question but when I see someone mentioning that they find that a benzo quiets things down I feel compelled to tell my story.
      Because of the over rapid taper at Beth Israel I'm currently going through Post Acute Withdrawal Syndrome.
      PLEASE be careful.

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Paromita
      Cool

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hi ernej, Thank you I understand....I do not take Valium daily....just the days when I feel the shit is hitting the fan in terms of T....sometimes it becomes too loud and too sharp I DO NOT KNOW WHY..I have had it for two months now and there are days when the noise becomes unbreakable...and there is lot of burning on my tongue....:(

So I reserve it for those days....otherwise I am taking Buspar 15mg daily for my anxiety....I have never taken these medicines in my life and daily praying to God to help me.....but I Am in a corner with this sound....

Sometimes things gets so bad, I feel like ending it all....

:(
      Mita

• Hug Hug x 1
    7. Ears Hurt

Ears Hurt Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Whiplash or Buzzer (abuse from ex)
      Hang in there Mita. I totally relate to you. Mine has been terrible today too. It's the highest and loudest it's ever been. I'm scared.

• Hug Hug x 1
    8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Paromita
      Cool

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sorry to hear that Kim, I feel once we know the reason of the T, few things can be managed maybe I am saying. The unpredictability factor drives me insane....I wont knows when it will shoot up and why ??! Its totally ridiculous at times!

9. Ears Hurt

Ears Hurt Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Mine used to be stable. It's recently been acting up. I'm so not used to the changing of it.

10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Paromita
      Cool

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hang on, maybe that splint thing is working ? Mine has always been up and down and I cant figure out why ???
      Sometimes I feel if I sleep with my left side to the pillow (there is trouble on my left side of face) then it gets louder.
      Anyways when I lay down it gets louder... :(

11. Ears Hurt

Ears Hurt Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I hope so Mita! I feel like this is torture. I have headaches everyday from it. Mine gets louder sometimes when I lay down. I tried to find a pattern, but its never consistent. It does whatever it wants and whenever it wants.