Anyone Actually Had the Volume Go Down Over Time?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Jkph75, Aug 1, 2016.

tinnitus forum
    1. Jkph75

Jkph75 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/27/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I'm not asking about habituation. I'm talking about actual volume. If so, how long did it take? Did you do anything to get the volume down?

2. Owen
      Disappointed

Owen Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unclear. Inflammatory allergic reaction/AIED
      It has significantly reduced in perceived amplitude, but it took (is taking) a very long time. It is now over 2 years since onset and every 3-4 months, I notice a slight reduction. Unusually though, mine comes and goes. Some times, it isn't there at all, no matter how hard I listen, but when it is present, it is definitely quieter than it used to be.

3. Mario martz
      Creative

Mario martz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Well mine fluctuates a lot, but its never permanent!!

4. Tom Cnyc

Tom Cnyc Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Warehouse event after years of enjoying music.
      the ringing in my ear for me has reduced tremendously over 10 weeks. It's almost gone. Unfortunately the "buzz" in my head has not. Plugging my ears used to increase my volume. It doesn't anymore. The buzz is the same volume regardless of earplugs being in or out.

The buzz isn't always there. I get a few good days a week, and a few bad ones.

5. Sam Bridge

Sam Bridge Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music/gigs probably
      What do you mean when you say ringing? Like. Pure tone sound?

6. Tom Cnyc

Tom Cnyc Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      yes, pure tone sound that comes "from my ears". My symptoms tend to live more "in my head" and are not increased by plugging my ears.

7. Tom Cnyc

Tom Cnyc Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      "ringing" is what I used to think tinnitus is. ringing in the ear doesnt really sum up what many of us deal with.

8. Jkph75

Jkph75 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/27/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Well, mine is all the time and I've already had it for 5 months. Has anyone had it a long time and noticed it dissipating?

9. Jason_Cohen

Jason_Cohen Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2015
      It can go away, if that's what you're asking, but there's no way of knowing whether or not it will.

10. Jkph75

Jkph75 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/27/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      No, I'm not asking if it can go away. I'm just wondering if anyone has had a significant reduction in volume over time.

I wonder if I will ever be able to watch TV or sit in a quiet room without an alarm going off in my head. I'm not even asking if it can go away completely. I just would like to be able to relax and not feel like I am going to pass out from this sound.