Anyone Else? Tinnitus After Bleed in My Subarachnoid

Discussion in 'Support' started by K89, Jul 17, 2018.

1. K89

K89 Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      June 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Likely a minor bleed in my subarachnoid
      Hi everyone - I’m new to Tinnitus Talk. I’ve been experiencing Tinnitus consistently for three and a half weeks now. It started off as a ringing in my right ear and has evolved into ringing in my head, as well as my left ear.

This all started after I suffered a non-aneurysm bleed in my head, between my cerebellum and brainstem earlier in June. I’ve been recovering from that (no surgery, just pain meds) but unfortunately, I think the Tinnitus is a side effect and it’s been causing some significant anxiety.

There’s a lot of great information on here but I haven’t come across many people who have suffered from a hemorraghe before with this result.

If anyone can relate, or has some advice for someone in my position, i’d really love to hear it.

I’ve been running around to the emerg, tinnitus clinic (they said come back in five weeks if it’s still a problem), The chiropractor, and tomorrow, the acupuncturist, to see if anyone has some relief to offer for this maddening new symptom!

Thanks!

2. Laurie1961
      No Mood

Laurie1961 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      dental work
      You could try to cleanse your skin by soaking in a tub and doing lots of foot baths. It is a safe way to slowly detox and it might relieve some anxiety, if nothing else. ( herbs, a little lemon or vinegar, some sprigs of mint or pine, or mustard powder all help pull toxins and provide soothing relief to anxiety.)

I'm sorry to read what you have been through and I wish you a speedy recovery.

3. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Welcome to the forum. Sorry I don't have experience in your condition. I don't know if there are many members here with the same condition. But if your ringing is due to the side effect of the pain medicine, then tinnitus as a result of ototoxic drugs is quite common. Anyways, if your tinnitus is highly bothersome and you are having trouble facing it, then consider masking it for the time being. Have you done any masking yet? If you have high pitch T, then use nature sounds such as heavy rain, waterfall, cicadas, waves, even shower or faucet sound. Cricket is also good for high pitch T. Give it a try. If you don't know where to get these sounds, let us know. Take care. God bless.

4. Contrast
      No Mood

Contrast Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise injury
      The bleeding in your brain must have damaged and modified your auditory region of brain.

I don't know if it will recover, but that is definitely the cause.

5. Contrast
      No Mood

Contrast Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise injury
      You are one of the few examples of tinnitus that may not have hearing loss like most of us, (well damage to the audiotory brain can cause hearing loss) but you definitely have a unique case. Hope it goes away though.

Chiropractors and acupuncturist are completely useless, do not waste your money on them and homeopathy garbage

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      K89

K89 Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      June 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Likely a minor bleed in my subarachnoid
      Thanks, everyone.

@Laurie1961 thanks for the advice! I was on lorazapam for the initial weeks to keep me calmer and finally sleep, but I’m moving away from that, so any natural anti-anxiety suggestions are great.

@billie48 I’ve been trying to mask the sounds at night, but I’ve got a few and they get loud. Or at least, that’s how I perceive them now. Outside it can be masked. I suspect the minor bleed is the culprit in this case, but hopefully it subsided as time passes. I know I’m less than a month in, which apparently is no time at all in the tinnitus world!

@Contrast thanks, I hope that too! When it started, high-pitched sounds in my right ear were off, but then it resolved and then the tinnitus started. I don’t know if that qualifies as hearing loss or not. Regardless, I’ve decided to stay positive that some treatment and/or therapy can help manage the sounds. I guess my case is an odd one, and for that reason alone it’s worth exploring different avenues to see if something works.

If something can positively impact the sounds and the ear aches I experience, then I’m open to it!