Anyone Else with Reactive Tinnitus?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Kazue, Oct 3, 2016.

1. Kazue

Kazue Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/19/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Yooo! I've had T for 3 weeks now. I've accepted that this will be a permanent condition so eh. Please do not tell me it will get better because I'm young. I have abused my ears during healing to cope with this. I've went to a loud ass IMAX theater and I've played music very low through my earphones. However, my T can not be masked. It gets louder whenever I hear music. My mother decided to play music at max volume in her car and my ears were screaming loudly. I didn't have the nerve to tell her to turn it down because she would call me a crybaby. She thinks I'm just complaining for my health but this ringing is no joke. Anywho, has anyone else has this problem were music and masking noises make your T louder than normal?

2. Jason C

Jason C Member

Tinnitus Since:
      29 May 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Burgler Alarm
      Mine is the same, it's like the ringing rides on top of the music, music also sounds crap now too, my t is from exposure to a very loud alarm siren, its fine when I am listening to speech but if music is on or if a fan is on then the t just rides on top of the sound.
      I also abused my ears after the damage, 14 hour flight and listening to music on head phones didn't help. I wish I knew all the info about how the ear works 4 months ago and I would not be in this mess now.

3. Michael Leigh

Michael Leigh Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      @Kazue Severe tinnitus is not an easy condition to live with, I advise you to keep away from loud sounds.
      Michael

• Agree Agree x 1
    4. Jamie
      Worried

Jamie Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      05/1989
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      1989 Ear Infection 2015 Coming off Benzo
      Hi Kazue,

My T is very reactive, even a car going past will make it louder. I have to avoid noise all the time. Some days are worse than others.
      I think some of it may be physiological in that I think it will get worse so it does.

Being you have only had T 3 weeks I wouldn't be too worried. I've had T 30 years from when I was 13 years old and it was loud to start with but settled down for the next 20 years before it became a problem again.

Protect your ears and keep yourself busy, things will settle I'm sure.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Kazue

Kazue Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/19/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Airplanes can be fairly loud, causing you to turn up your headphones to unsafe levels. I am the same. I'm fine with everyday speech, it's just when I hear sounds. Like the radio, or raining sounds, etc. My T gets louder to override this. I would say your T is fairly new. Don't lose hope yet.

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Kazue

Kazue Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/19/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      @Michael Leigh Yes, I know. My T is usually a 3/10 when I'm around people, keeping myself busy. When I wake up and get in the shower, it can easy jump to a 7/10 because it turns into two different tones and gets fairly annoying. I've been trying to desperately avoid loud sounds since my mom thinks I'm joking and I don't have ear plugs. I've been using my noise cancelling headphones to drown out obnoxious sounds. I ignore my T most of the time; I can't spend the next 60 years of my life being over protective. However, I do agree that everyone should use ear protection to prevent further damage. Thanks for you concern.

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Kazue

Kazue Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/19/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Ugh, same. Loud radios and cars gets under my skin. I find that my T is worse at night, when I'm not busy. Once again, T is a mind thing. You don't really notice you have it unless you're paying attention to it. My T is fairly loud with two different tones. My T is most likely due to noise exposure so there's no healing that. Noise damage is cumulative, the only thing I can do is prevent more damage. This is something that can go away, once you get it, it's over. I'm fine with that; my T is a huge wake up call. 30 years is a long time. How'd you deal with it?

8. Zeneth
      Wishful

Zeneth Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Maybe noise?
      How have you seemed to be not as distressed as expected? I've had mild T for 5 months and I still havent excepted it, yet you can hears yours over almost anything and you are ok?

9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Kazue

Kazue Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/19/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Eh, I'm too busy to worry about it. I go to school. I come home and do homework, eat, and then go to sleep. When I'm watching TV before I go to bed is when I finally remember I have T. It's not that's it's quiet, it's just not that important to my brain. My life is too short to be crying over a minor inconvenience. I'm only 2 years older than you. We have too much to live for. I will continue to listen to music as that's the only things keeping me sane. I am fine. I just went a few hours in silence; just me and my T...and maybe some crickets. It's easy when you don't let a noise ruin your future. Keep your head up.

10. Zeneth
      Wishful

Zeneth Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Maybe noise?
      Is your T mild?

11. Path Maker

Path Maker Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic
      Please get ear plugs! You can look into the various kinds here and also on amazon. Some come with a keychain case so that you can have them with you at all times. That way, you can pop them in and out as needed. It's best to avoid further damage, because just imagine if what you have now doubles or triples or quadruples??? Please take care of yourself: just getting tinnitus IS the wake-up call, the big one. From here on in, what you CAN change is the way you protect your hearing whenever you can. You might never know what a difference that is making, but on the very good chance that it's preventing the tinnitus from exponentially increasing with passing years, you can accept thanks from your future self, who you will hopefully be living a great and happy life as, decades from now, that you were a WISE young 'un :) (said lovingly) and planned for a good future. Okay? :) :) :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    12. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Kazue

Kazue Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/19/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I'd say it's usually a 3/10 thoughout the day. When exposed to music, it can get to a 7/10. At night it's around a 5.5/10. This sounds minor but my T constantly changes noise. Sometimes it's high pitched, sometimes it's not.

13. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Kazue

Kazue Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/19/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Yes, I will be ordering some quality earplugs and headphones because this world is way too loud. I will take care of myself but I will not be too over protective. I have my boundaries. :) No more parades, movies, clubs, or pain medication. Thank you for your concern. May I ask how bad is your T and how was it caused?

14. Zeneth
      Wishful

Zeneth Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Maybe noise?
      Movies? The movie theater isn't that loud is it haha.. My T changes a lot! When I have anxiety it's probably a 4/10 when its normal it's probably a 2/10? I'm not sure how this scale works but I guess I somehow like that...

15. Karam

Karam Member

Tinnitus Since:
      22/07/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi im also 15 and my tinnitus is reactive its like a wind or flute sound that reacts with sounds but the good news is people report less reactivity with time

• Agree Agree x 1
    16. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Kazue

Kazue Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/19/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Ah, another teenager like me. My T sounds like radio that's not tuned. Or a really old TV. It gets even louder when I hear a loud radio or noise. It's not as bad as it was when I first got T.

17. T-Hater

T-Hater Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bad Genetics/Loud muisc
      i can say this is correct has i have recently had winding/reactive T with my tinnitus going reacting to everything,
      and making me hear robotic sounds. it lasted for 3 days, during those 3 days were the hardest of my life,

but thankfully it was due to sinuses.