Anyone Else's Tinnitus Not Reacting to Food/Noise/Sleep/etc? Stress/Anxiety Seem to Make It Worse

Discussion in 'Support' started by Danika, Feb 22, 2017.

1. Danika

Danika Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/14/217
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown/pregnancy
      My tinnitus doesn't seem to react to what I eat, loud noise, sleep, or what I drink.

Stress/anxiety seem to make it worse.....the more congested my ears and sinuses are seem to make it worse.

I have "normal" hearing

No other symptoms such a dizziness or headaches.

Pregnancy is the only possible cause in terms of what changed/happened....

I'm so very sad this has happened and scared it won't get better......I know you all understand.

2. Rubenslash

Rubenslash Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bad luck and bad decisions
      You should be happy that it doesn't react to all these things. Before my spike it was always the same volume. Much better than a T that fluctuates the whole day!

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Danika

Danika Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/14/217
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown/pregnancy
      I know I'm lucky that it doesn't react to all these things.

I guess it just confuses me more when looking for answers.....I am beginning to see I may never have an answer. That's so hard to accept.

4. Rubenslash

Rubenslash Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bad luck and bad decisions
      Stress can cause changes in the brain chemistry and cause tinnitus if you got some hearing loss (that loss could be in the very high frequencies). There are others here that got T due to stress or anxiety.

5. Jeff M.
      Breezy

Jeff M. Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct. 2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Idiopathic
      Hi @Danika !! So sorry to hear you are suffering, but congrats on pregnancy! My T is not reactive to noises o other input. See my post here:

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/severe-chronic-subjective-idiopathic-tinnitus.20325/

I see you just recently started experiencing T. The first few months can be difficult for sure. Just be encouraged, you will begin to deal with it better!! (y) Try not to project too far into the future! Focus on today and focus on baby!! :) I know its hard to imagine, but you are going to be OK!

Peace and rest to you!!

Jeff

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Danika

Danika Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/14/217
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown/pregnancy
      Thank you Jeff!!!

I'm hoping that the pregnancy is to blame....congestion and hormones and I will be T free in the months after the baby is born.

Does your t spike?