Anyone Experiencing Worsening Tinnitus with Body Movement?

Discussion in 'Support' started by sara, Feb 10, 2017.

1. sara
      Alone

sara Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2011
      """"""" LONG POST""""""

Thanks for you read :)

Hello Everyone

I have posted on here a couple of times.

T has been a roller coaster ride for me just like everyone else on here through out the last 2 years ....

Thought I was getting better and T under control but it came back
      Sleepless nights and anxiety filled days to really happy and calm days forgetting about it all.... but just to come back again

I posted many different things In the past few months
      I have had T for almost 2 years mild to moderate to severe to mild , moderate, severe.. to ...........

But right now what bothers me is my right ear
      It's a hissing sound that gets really loud and abrasive when I walk around
      In the morning is calm but lil by lil it goes up in volume
      It goes down again when I sit down and relax some times it stays a bit longer
      It does change by jaw movement
      It decreases in volume when I push my jaw forward and when I release It becomes super loud for a bit.. just to go down again... at some point it will go away for the rest of the night ... just to come back again the morning .... sometimes its like that the whole day .... if I am cleaning or cooking goes up in volume... when I sit down to relax it goes back down........ LOOOOOOOOOOLLLL this is crazy.. I feel bad for myself sometimes... That I am actually going through this but then again .....

It's been there since a month now with a week of rest in BTW

I don't know if it's somatic or TMJ related
      I heard usually TMJ doesn't reaaaallly cause tinnitus and in rare cases...nor TMJ treatment resolves most of T
      I do work out I do heavy exercises, neck is sore, my lower back has been hurting for the past 4 years and I don't know what it is .. I don't know if it's related to all of it at all

I have to say I have gotten used to my T but this one is unbearable ... It comes and goes.... HOW ONE CAN EVER GET USED TO IT ???

Its an uphill battle

Does any one else experience the same things?

Any suggestions ??

Thanks in advance
      :)

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. rrf

rrf Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      My T is in my right ear, a hissing T. When I'm lowering the chin to my chest, it increases. When I move my neck to the right, it increases. If I put my hand over my face and try to go down, it also increases. I've been with my fhysiotherapist and my sternocleidomastoid muscle was sore but after 3 months my T is not so loud but it's still there. It's like you, nothing when I wake up until last time of the day when it increases. I have no hearing loss and I didn't have any acustic trauma. That's strange!